Chapter 3: Now That We Don't Talk PT 2

I keep wanting to post new chapters after a couple of days after I post, but I either end up editing the new chapter into oblivion or writing more, haha! Hopefully this longer chapter will hold you over until the new one! Which should be out before/around the new year. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, thank you for supporting me! Xo!

 Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, thank you for supporting me! Xo!

Marina didn't know exactly what to do, her body felt frozen. What the hell was happening? She frowned and shook her head, as she reached into her jacket pocket with a trembling hand. She took a quick look to make sure her phone was on silent before opening up the recording app she used for interviews and research for her articles. The recording started and she clenched her phone tightly as she tried to will her heart to stop racing, the sound of it filling her ears instead of the conversation.

"That wasn't how you said things would play out," Hawks said coldly, and she winced hearing him, he never talked in that tone unless he was really, really angry. She pressed herself closer to the side of the warehouse and craned her neck a bit to try and see better. The blonde's eyes widened as she saw Hawks holding one of his famous feather blades to Dabi's neck. Anger rolled off the winged pro hero in waves, he was truly and honestly angry. She frowned to herself as she continued to listen. Dabi looked back at him, unafraid and unimpressed with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh? Is that a fact?" The ravenette replied looking back at Hawks still, the pyro criminal still did not seem to care that he had a sharp blade at his neck

"Oh? Is that a fact?" The ravenette replied looking back at Hawks still, the pyro criminal still did not seem to care that he had a sharp blade at his neck. A nasty feeling twisted in her stomach, she did not like the pair of them talking like this, something was off.

"I'd prefer it if you and I got along better Dabi." She heard Hawks coolly reply and she felt her teeth gnash together slightly. There was a longer silence, Dabi stood before Hawks almost like he was giving him some sort of assessment. His gaze dropping down to the feather blade before looking back at Hawks.

"Thought you only had small feathers left after that battle?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

Hawks' eyebrows knitted together, she could definitely that he was annoyed and fed up. His body language screaming it. Was Dabi trying to make him angry on purpose? "If I'm going to meet a liar in a secret location, I'm not coming unarmed," the winged male lectured pausing, his arm still steadily holding his weapon to Dabi's neck. "The fight was supposed to go down at a warehouse tomorrow. Instead, you unleashed a nomu in the middle of the city, one on a totally different level than the ones we've faced. If we're going to trust each other, you have to keep me up to date." Hawks' narrowed his eyes at the man before him and she braced for the fight that she felt that was about to break out, but nothing happened.