Cabin Inspections

Everyone trickled out of the rec room

Everyone trickled out of the rec room. As I was walking out, Percy grabbed a hold of my arm and held me back. I turned to look at  him in confusion. His eyes pleaded for me to stay.

"You okay?" I asked softly.

"I don't know what to think right now." Percy said. He licked his lips and ran a hair through his black hair.  "It's been a crazy day."

I frowned and stepped towards him. Percy gravitated to me, peering down at me from his tall height. I wrapped my arms around him and brought him into a hug. He immediately melted into my embrace. Percy placed his forehead on my shoulder as he took shaky breaths.

"Did you know?" Percy uttered. He had his arms circled around my waist. "About the prophecy?"

"No." I slightly shook my head and placed my chin on his shoulder. "My dad refused to let me know about it."

"And about the...about the whole summer thing, too?"

"They did tell me about it. And I agreed." I admitted. He pulled away and looked at me with furrowed brows. I gave him a soft smile and cupped his cheek with one hand. "You've been overworking yourself with training, fighting, and the plan. And you said you felt like you needed a break and to have some normal, even if it meant hanging with Rachel-"

"You know she's just a friend right?" Percy said quickly. There was a slight panic in his sea green eyes. "I've friend zoned her, like, a lot. I promise nothing is going on between us. All I want is you. Promise."

"I trust you." I blushed with a nod.

"Good, because I don't think I'll be able to survive if my Vine Girl is angry with me." Percy's lips curved into a playful smile.

"Then you better not get me angry Shark Boy." I hummed out with a smile.

"Talking about not getting you angry." Percy sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Rachel invited me to join her family to go on vacation."

"Oh." My voice turned bitter.

"I turned her down though." Percy quickly stated, wincing at how his last sentence sounded. "I would rather be with you."

"I don't vacation, Percy." I raised a brow. "I'm stuck here at camp unless I have a quest or a raid to do. I don't even know where I'm going once I turn 18."

"I would still rather be here with you. I'd go wherever you go." Percy laced our fingers together.

I stared at our joined hands. A frown settled on my face. I couldn't give him things compared to what Rachel could. She has the money. She's been around the world. She lives in the mortal world. I'm stuck at camp. I have no money. I'm from the demigod world where I fight to live. I have no idea if I'll live to be 18 or if by some miracle I do, where I would go.

"Yeah...okay." I mumbled.

Percy frowned at my response. He could tell I was down. He studied my face, his sea green eyes scanning every blemish and freckle I had. His head tilted to the side as the corner of his lips tugged into a smile.