✧ 02 ✧ move in day pt. 2

S4

S4. E2

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

"Do you know all of the terrible diseases you could get if you sleep around?" Christopher chuckled as he and Matty walked arm in arm, holding pieces of pizza.

"I think I learned most of them in the fifth grade," his daughter laughed.

"Plus, you should never walk anywhere alone. Always have a friend with you because God forbid you get shanked or something. I should get you pepper spray."

"Parent orientation was that bad?" Matty sighed.

"You know, if they were trying to alleviate my concerns about you going off to college, they did a terrible job. It was just this long list of terrible things that could happen to your kid. I prefer the Parent Orientation from Kindergarten. They just told us the importance of not letting your kid eat glue."

Matty chuckled, resting her head on his shoulder as they made their way through campus.

It had really started to weigh on her that he'd be driving back to Boston tonight, and she would be on her own. She was used to her dad traveling, but he would always come back. He never traveled longer than a week. This was different. Matty had to be a big kid now. This was that newfound independence so many college kids craved. Granted, her grandparents moved back to Connecticut two years ago so they were around, but that wasn't the same.

"How did your ID photo go?" Christopher asked, snapping Matty out of her thoughts. She grabbed the photo of her wallet and handed it to him. She looked perfect, of course. Her navy and cream striped sweater complimented her skin perfectly, and her hair was half up in a gorgeous ponytail. "You are way too beautiful, kid. Maybe you could start wearing a paper bag over your head and write 'My dad has a gun' on it."

"You do not have a gun," she laughed.

"They don't know that."

He winked at her as they made their way back to the sidewalk where some Freshman were still moving in. Matty continued to walk, but Christopher had seen something that made him stop in his tracks. She followed his gaze to a beautiful raven haired woman with freakishly bright blue eyes. She wasn't sure why, but something felt so familiar about her.

Little did she know that to him, she was more than familiar. She was the first woman he'd ever loved.

"Dad?" she spoke up, nodding towards the woman. "Who is that?"

"Um, why- why don't we go back to the dorm?" He said eagerly, giving her an unconvinced smile. Matty looked at him, confused when the woman gasped slightly, causing both of their hazel eyes to fall onto her.

"Chris?" she called out in disbelief. Christopher let out a deep sigh and put on what Matty always called- his "banker" smile.

"Lor, hi." He glanced towards Matty whose eyes had become as wide as saucers at the old nickname. It didn't take a genius to put the pieces together- her dad's reaction, "Lor", those familiar blue eyes. She had seen them in an old high school yearbook of her dad's. Lorelai Gilmore. Her mother.