CHAPTER 20

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

Shidou Ryusei aka Antenna Head

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You let out a deep sigh as you entered the training room, knowing that today was going to be another day filled with arguments and bickering with your partner, Shidou. It had been two days since you were forced to become his partner for the second stage of the second selection, and things had only gone downhill since then.

Shidou had chosen you as his partner purely out of amusement, finding it interesting that you both finished the first stage at the same time. You, on the other hand, had no say in the matter and were stuck with a partner who seemed to have an endless supply of snarky remarks and a never-ending urge to push your buttons.

You were on your way to the training room, your fists clenched.

💭 ''That f*cking asshole better not be there..''

But as you expected, Shidou was already in the training room, leaning against the wall with a cocky smirk on his face, and his striking eyes seemed to sparkle with mischief.

''Look who finally decided to show up'' He teased as you approached him.

''Sorry, I had better things to do than waste my time practicing with you'' You shot back, rolling your eyes at his smug attitude.

''You know, we might actually have a chance at winning this if you took this seriously'' Shidou remarked, raising an eyebrow at your supposed lack of enthusiasm.

''I would if my partner wasn't a know-it-all jerk,'' Retorted, crossing your arms over your chest.

Shidou let out a chuckle, clearly enjoying the constant banter between the two of you. Despite your constant arguments, there was no denying that the two of you were a force to be reckoned with. You were both skilled fighters and had a strong competitive spirit, which made for a powerful team when you actually put your differences aside.

But unfortunately, that rarely ever happened. Most of your training sessions were spent arguing and competing against each other rather than actually practicing.

''Enough chit-chat, let's get started'' Shidou said, finally pushing himself off the wall and walking towards the center of the room.

You reluctantly followed suit, and the two of you began your routine, each trying to outdo the other. Your movements were in perfect sync, but your minds were still at odds.

As the training session went on, things only seemed to escalate. You would intentionally mess up your partner's rhythm, and he would respond by adding in extra challenging moves to catch you off guard.

Before you knew it, the two of you were in a full-blown catfight, hissing and spitting at each other like two fierce felines. It wasn't until the instructor walked in on the chaos that the two of you finally stopped and realized just how ridiculous you were being.

''What in the world is going on here?'' The instructor shouted, outraged at the sight in front of him.

Shidou and you stood frozen in shock, realizing just how out of hand your 'training' had gotten.

''I-I don't know, it's just...we were competing'' You attempted to explain, clearly embarrassed at the situation, whilst Shidou was laughing internally at you.

The instructor let out a deep sigh, shaking his head in disappointment.

''I can see that. But it's not a competition between the two of you, it's a team effort. You need to learn to work together if you want to make it through the next stage''

You and Shidou exchanged a look, both feeling SOMEWHAT guilty for your behavior. It was true, you needed to put your differences aside and learn to work together if you wanted to succeed in the second stage.

''Tell Antenna head to be nice'' You mumbled annoyingly as you rolled your eyes

!!!

''YA! What is wrong with you and my hair! Leave it alone!'' He spat back, clearly annoyed you kept calling him 'Antenna head'

💭 ''MUAHAHHAHA!''

||

||

You and Shidou returned to your shared room. You were tired and decided to do some meditation to relax your mind. Shidou, on the other hand, had just taken a shower and was feeling cheeky.

He grabbed some paper and cut it up into small pieces. Forming them into paper balls, he sat on his bed and started throwing them at you. The first one bounced off your head, but you paid no attention. He threw more, but you remained focused.

💢💢

💭 ''This brat!''

''Hmph, you're no fun'' Shidou pouted, rolling his eyes.

''I'm trying to meditate here. You should try it too, jerk'' You replied calmly. Shidou huffed and crossed his arms.

''I'm just gonna take a nap'' He mumbled annoyingly before lying down on his bed

You couldn't help but smirk at his defeated tone. But as Shidou drifted off to sleep, you had a mischievous idea. Grabbing a marker, you carefully wrote 'Antenna head' on his forehead and drew a funky mustache.

''This should teach him a lesson'' You giggled to yourself.

You couldn't resist taking pictures of Shidou's new look, trying your best not to burst into laughter.

💭 ''Maybe I can use this as blackmail...muahaha...''

But your stifled giggles must have awakened him because he sat up, looking confused.

''What happened?'' Shidou asked, rubbing his eyes.

You handed him a mirror, and as soon as he saw his reflection, he jumped up in shock.

''Sakurai Y/N!''

You couldn't contain yourself anymore and burst out laughing. Shidou ran to the bathroom to wash the marker off, and you followed him, still giggling uncontrollably.

''Remind me to never fall asleep when you're around'' Shidou grumbled, trying to scrub the marker off his face.

''Sorry, but you deserved it'' You said, still giggling.

And so you, you both eventually went to sleep, ready for the match tomorrow. Your mind drifted off as you wondered which pairing you will go up against.

||

||

[Match Day]

You and Shidou had entered the pitch from your side and the other two players had also arrived. Your eyes widened.

It was Reo and Kunigami.

''Oh f*ck...'' Your voice trailed off as you came to the realization of something

To be continued...