Chapter 7: A strange man

Emma's POV

"Hey! Noah! Stop..." I exclaimed as Noah splashed water all over me by slamming his hands in the water.

"Noah! I was so wrong to think that you are an angel..." I paused giving him a playful, sharp look.

"But in reality you are such a little devil" I continued as he passed me his charming smile before slamming his hands up and down in the water once again.

"Oh you've declared a war now, Mr. Noah Walker" I said playfully before tickling him just below his ears, where I have recently discovered that he was most sensitive and ticklish over there.

Noah giggled wholeheartedly and my lips curved up into a smile and I felt content in my heart watching this little adorable baby laugh.

I still cannot get his crying face out of my head, when I first walked into this house, his face was so red due to crying continuously and I felt so bad seeing him like that. I wish I never have to see him like that ever again.

"Okay enough play time, now let's get you out of the water before you catch cold" I said before grabbing his towel and gently getting him out of the water.

"No! Noah! You are not supposed to eat that" I said as he grabbed the bottle of baby lotion that was kept just beside him.

"No. Give that to me" I added taking the bottle from him and cleaning the cap of the bottle that was now covered in his saliva.

"You are such a naughty boy, aren't you?" I mumbled while gently patting him dry with his towel as he blabbered something that only he could understand.

"And you are also a talkative little baby" I added while drying his soft hair as he looked at me with a precious smile on his face as if he understood each and every word that I said.

As I was getting Noah ready for the day, my phone went off, flashing Elizabeth's name over it.

"Hello, Mrs. Elizabeth" I said answering her call.

"How many times do I need to tell you, Emma, you can call me Liz or at least Elizabeth if you are not comfortable with Liz" She replied.

"Alright, Elizabeth" I said with a smile.

Honestly I have come to realize that sometimes looks, really can be deceiving because the night I first met Elizabeth, I assumed her to be that typical rich, mean and annoying lady, who thinks that everybody who doesn't have the kinda of money that she does, is beneath her and she can belittle them any and every time she wishes.

But I was wrong, I was so wrong because in reality, Elizabeth seems like a really nice woman. She's kind, she's humble and most of all she's down to earth even after being this wealthy.

"Anyways, how's Noah? How are things going with him?" Elizabeth asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"He's really happy right now as I have just bathed him and yeah, we are getting along really well" I replied.

"I was hoping for that...though I knew it already that you would be perfect for him" She said seeming content.

"Um. Elizabeth, I was wondering if I could take Noah to the near by park today?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course, you may, darling, you don't need my permission as I know you'll take really good care of him" She replied.

"Alright" I mumbled smiling, happy that I have managed to gain her trust in just a span of a week of being here.

It's been a week since I have been living here and working as Noah's nanny. And it's such a relief that Noah happens to like me and it's also a relief that apparently, somehow I have also managed to handle him, I mean it's a big deal to me considering the fact that I didn't have any prior experience with kids.