Chapter 4: Bad news

Aaron's POV

My little boy's cries fell on my ears as soon as I rushed inside the house, only to see him in one of the maids arms, being fussy, tears sliding down his chubby cheeks while he desperately tried to get off her arms.

My heart clenched in pain seeing my baby's face turning red due to crying continuously.

I exhaled a sharp breath.

Oh Al!

Only if you were here right now.

Rushing towards my little boy, I gently took him in my arms as he started crying even louder but just seconds later he slowly stopped and calmed down once he looked up at me and recognized who's arms he was in.

He looked at me with such tear filled, innocent eyes that it made me feel immensely guilty for leaving him alone, even for a second.

"I'm sorry, my baby" I mumbled resting my forehead against his little one.

"I'm so sorry, my boy, Daddy should have been here with you...I'm so sorry..." I trailed off as Noah hiccupped with a jolt.

"Has he been fed since this morning?" I asked to the maid who stood just next to us.

"No, Mr. Walker. Patricia was about to feed him when unfortunately, she suffered from, what we assume, was a heart attack or a stroke maybe" She replied as I took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

"Then you should have at least tried to feed him" I snapped unintentionally as the poor, young lady shivered, taken aback.

Well, I know it would have been useless trying to feed him anyways because I know he's fussy with everybody except Mrs. Patricia and I.

"I-I'm sorry, Mr. Walker. I tried but he wouldn't eat anything...he had just been crying ever since they took Patricia away" She replied hesitantly as I let out a tired sigh.

Christ! I just hope that Mrs. Patricia returns back safe and sound.

Or else...I'm screwed!

"Alright. Just get me his food, I'll feed him" I said in a much calmer tone this time as she just nodded her head before walking away to get Noah's food ready.

I caressed Noah's head gently as he rested his head on my shoulder. He seemed to be much calmer now which means that he wasn't being fussy because of hunger, but rather he just needed someone.

Oh! How I wish I could be with him all the damn time, so that I wouldn't have to see him in such state ever again.

Minutes later as I was feeding Noah, who ate quietly, without throwing any tantrum, as if he was hungry since decades, my phone went off flashing my father's name over it but I just chose to ignore it for now as I know his call must be about something related to work, but right now nothing and nobody is more important than my son to me.

As afternoon rolled in, thankfully, Noah fell asleep, giving me some time to check up on Mrs. Patricia's health.

Dialing Peter's number, I waited for him to answer.

"Yes, Mr. Walker" He said answering the call on the second ring.

"What's going on there? How's Mrs. Patricia?" I asked while rubbing my forehead with my fingers, getting a headache suddenly.

"We were correct, it was a stroke. She hasn't even gained her conscious yet. The doctor's have put her under observation, they say that they can't be certain about anything yet" He replied.

"Alright. Keep me updated" I said before hanging up.

A while later I was on a call with Alison's mother, who was away on a trip and got the news about Mrs. Patricia and was concerned for just the same reasons as I was.