Chapter 3: The 'step-mother'

Aaron's POV

"Mr. Walker..." I heard Laila's voice from behind as I walked out of the conference room with her following after me.

"Yes, Laila. What is it now?" I asked stopping in my tracks and as a result of that she accidentally bumped right into me.

"Sir, there's someone..." She trailed off hesitantly as I sighed, irritated, before walking off towards the elevator.

"Something seems to be bothering you, Miss. Laila and I do hope it's something related to work because if it's not then you can very well find a new job for yourself..." I paused entering the elevator.

"Because honestly I wouldn't entertain my employees bringing their personal problems to work" I continued.

"Sir, it sure is a personal issue, but it's not mine, rather it's yours" She replied.

"Julian texted me earlier in the conference room saying that Mrs. Walker is here to..." She stopped dead in the middle of her sentence, probably thinking that she just reminded me of my dead wife...but what she doesn't knows is that I don't need to be reminded of her...because she never actually leaves my mind...or my heart...or my soul.

Mrs. Walker...

A small curved up on my lips reminiscing how she loved it whenever anybody, especially I addressed her with that title. But it wasn't long before my smile fell off as reality hit me hard...I will never be able to call her by that name ever again...or rather should I say I would call her that but will never get any response...I would never be able to hear her sweet voice responding to me.

"Oh I'm so sorry, Sir, I didn't mean to...Sir? Mr. Walker?" Laila's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I have never been more thankful to someone for snapping me out of my torturing thoughts. 

"Yes. What was it you were saying?" I asked.

"I was saying that your mother is here to see you" She replied nervously.

"My mother?" I asked sternly.

"Sorry. Sorry. I meant..." She quickly apologised, trying to correct herself, only to be interrupted by me.

"You meant my father's wife" I firmly completed it for her, with a silent but strong message in my voice to never, ever call her my mother again as she nodded her head in agreement.

"Just tell her that I'm busy at the moment" I said in a dismissive way as we arrived on my floor.

"But that's the thing, Mr. Walker, she was so adamant that Julian couldn't stop her and..." Laila trailed off as the elevator doors opened and the voice that annoys me the most in this entire world, pierced my ears.

"Aaron. My sweet boy!" Said Elizabeth Joseph Walker, my father's second wife and my 'step mother', as she claims.

She was one of the top models of her time. My father, being one of the most successful businessman of the country, was invited to one of her fashion shows, it was more of a charity event.

My father somehow fell in love with her and till date I don't understand what he saw in her to fall head over heels for her, but anyways the next thing we all knew was that she entered into our lives as my father's second wife.