Chapter 1: Life has never been fair

Aaron's POV

“Another day without your smile
Another day just passes by
And now I know
How much it means
For you to stay right here with me

The time we spent apart
Will make our love grow stronger
But it hurts so bad
I can't take it any longer

I wanna grow old with you
I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna grow old with you
I wanna be looking in your eyes
I wanna be there for you
Sharing in everything you do
I wanna grow old with you...”

"Please, stop it, Samuel, just turn the damn thing off" I snapped at my driver, Samuel, who is also my bodyguard, asking him to turn the goddamm radio off as I really hate the song that's playing right now.

Initially when the song started I tried to ignore it as best as I could, because I just didn't feel like interacting with anybody, even if it was just to ask Samuel to turn the radio off, but then the...

Well...the lyrics just got a bit too much for me.

"How many times do I need to tell you, Samuel, that I hate music and I don't want any of it playing while I'm in the car" I added.

"Right, Mr. Walker. I'm sorry. It won't happen again" Samuel replied while turning the radio off which made me sigh in relief.

I know I might have sounded rude but I wasn't even surprised by the rudeness in my voice and neither was Samuel, which is a good thing to be honest, my employees should know that this is the way I am and there's nothing that can change it, so either they deal with it or find another job.

It's easier to work this way.

And let's just say that I have very understanding staff everywhere, be it my company or the place where I live, most of the people in this world like to call it home...but I don't, never have and never will.

Alright, maybe there were only two such points in my life where I called it home, once in my childhood, when my mother was still alive and the second was when...

Anyways, I don't like diving into my past but as I was saying I have very cooperative staff, they handle my tantrums...or maybe it's just because they fear me...or maybe because they just need money and I do pay them really well.

"Good morning, Mr. Walker..." One of my employee greeted as I just gave him a slight nod before getting into the elevator.

"Good morning, Mr. Walker..." Laila, my personal assistant, greeted while walking behind me into my cabin.

"Here's your coffee and I have already prepared your schedule for the day so would you like to hear it right now or after having your coffee?" She asked with much professionalism while adjusting her specs.

"I would like to have my coffee in peace, thank you, Laila, I'll call you when I need you" I replied grabbing my coffee.

"As you say, Mr. Walker" She said with a slight nod to her head before heading out.

I have always been passionate about my career...wanted to do something on my own...but running my father's company, was never something that I dreamt of and my father knew that as well, he also knew that my dream was something entirely different from this.