50ƪ⁠(⁠‾⁠.⁠‾⁠"⁠)⁠┐Sahasra's Past

Evelyn took a sip from the tea cup Zadhea absentmindedly passed to her. Then she looked into her friend's eyes and questioned, "What's troubling you?"

"You noticed it?" Zadhea forced a smile. "I was thinking about Mario. I feel bad for him."

"Why? What's wrong with him?" Evelyn was about to glance at his direction but Zadhea stopped her by waving her hands a little anxiously. "No, no. Don't look at him. That way, he'll notice that we are talking about him!"

"Okay, fine." With a soft sigh, Evelyn focused her gaze on Zadhea's blue eyes which were sparkling like the ocean waves when sun rays dropped on them, morning sunlight adding golden colour to light crystal blue colour in her irises, creating a priceless art piece. "What did you do to him? Broke his heart?"

Zadhea was confused. "Broke his heart? What did you mean by that?"

"He had a crush on you. It was obviously obvious. But I didn't tell you because I thought I shouldn't get involved in such things."

"Shoot! Was I the only person who didn't have a clue? Wait! I did have doubts when he gifted a portrait of mine on my fifteenth birthday. That day I asked him whether he liked me and he said no so I completely forgot about it later." Zadhea massaged her forehead. "Poor boy! He might've felt shy to admit."

"Exactly!" Evelyn clicked her tongue. "You don't have to worry about it. If someone likes you, it doesn't mean that you have to like him back, okay? So chill!"

"No." Zadhea shook her head. "It's not like that. He said he's leaving for Italy... Maybe forever? I can't help feeling like it's because of me although he said he had a girlfriend waiting to go there together. What if he's lying? Wait! You should know about it! What that novel said? He had a girlfriend? He went to Italy?"

Evelyn chuckled at her words that filled with anxiety. "Gurl, chill! That novel mainly focused on the main leads. So how can I get a full description of his life story? All I can remember is he went to his home country which is Italy and settled there. I think we should let him go. That novel said he became even more professional and reached the peak of his career when he met the student of Michelangelo who later became his teacher. So... Forget about him. He'll definitely achieve all his dreams."

Zadhea lowered her eyes. "Yeah. You're right. Let's pray for his success."

"Yep."

Then they both became silent, lost in thoughts.

Zadhea was about to take a sip from her tea when she heard Evelyn say, "By the way, you were talking about a secret mission earlier. I don't care if you don't mind or do mind, just tell me what it is."

Her words made the princess laugh. She put down her tea cup and said, "It's a long story though."

Evelyn rubbed her butt on the chair and put her chin on the back of her right hand, looking into Zadhea's eyes without blinking. She didn't forget to adjust her glasses.

Zadhea shook her head with a smile and began telling her what she did throughout the previous month.

"When system asked me to act according to my role, I couldn't understand it immediately. Later, when I thought about it without even bothering to sleep, I realized what she meant. She actually meant I needed to do my duty as the princess. During my fifteen years old life here, I only focused on improving my fighting skills and completely neglected my citizens. I was selfish."

"I felt disappointed at myself. So I thought of going on a mission disguising as a teenage male merchant. I had two purposes. First, investigate the life Edwina people having. Lemme tell you, it was beyond my expectations. I never knew they lived this miserably to this day. I was pissed off..."