89. Sharing is caring

Heidith gently placed Zadhea on a sofa and instructed a female worker to bring warm water along with two towels. Zadhea glanced up at him in confusion, but she didn't plan on asking anything. She felt too exhausted to even move an inch.

"All men out now," Heidith suddenly commanded, catching everyone off guard.

The men who had followed them all the way to the room left one after another silently. Now, there were only three women left apart from the royal couple.

After the female worker brought what Heidith asked for, he lifted Zadhea's dress up to her knees as her slender legs came into view.

"What are you doing?" Zadhea blushed and tried to hide her legs, feeling embarrassed.

"Be good. I'm about to give you a massage. It will make you feel better," he looked at her seriously. "Don't worry. I won't take advantage of you."

"But others are watching," Zadhea lowered her head. "So please don't."

"Privacy."

The women looked at each other before leaving the room, closing the door behind them.

"Now it's only the two of us," Heidith knelt before her, ready to massage her feet.

"Hey, what are you doing? Don't kneel in front of me," Zadhea became horrified.

In the past, it was considered a humiliation to kneel in front of a woman unless she was a ruler. Although Zadhea's own father, King Edwin, loved her mother to death, he would never kneel before her.

It was an insult to men.

Heidith didn't listen to her. He soaked a towel in warm water and wiped her legs using it.

Zadhea knew her feet were dirty since she walked barefoot for a long time. Hence, she didn't want him to touch them. "My feet... They are dirty. Don't touch them. It's disgusting."

She bit her bottom lip hard, feeling rather uncomfortable. She herself wouldn't touch them that willingly if they were that dirty with dust and soil. She'd rather splash some water onto her feet first and then rub them against the floor. As for touching them to clean... Ew, no!

"It's my duty towards you," Heidith raised his head to look at her. "And it's not disgusting."

Zadhea's eyes focused on her lap all this time. But when she heard his words, she blinked and stared straight into his eyes as if she wanted to see through his soul. When she sensed his sincerity, her heart filled with something indescribable. She didn't know what she was feeling. It was weird. But weirdly good.

Zadhea didn't want to bother him anymore. She could see how tired he looked. His clothes were drenched in sweat, and his hair was messy. It seemed like he had a hard time finding her.

'He must be equally tired as me,' she concluded in her mind.

Clearing her throat, Zadhea softly spoke, "I'm hungry." Her voice sounded more like a whisper.

Heidith stopped his actions for a second. "Oh. Wait a bit more." Then he swiftly but carefully wiped her legs using the remaining dry towel and covered her legs with her dress before rising to his feet.

"You want me to carry you again?" He reached out.

Zadhea took his hand and stood up as well. "No. It's fine. I feel much better."

"Told you." He smiled.

Zadhea smiled back. "Thank you."

"Okay, okay. Let's go have some food," Heidith urged as he opened the door.