51

Sofia.

Finishing up the defects and errors on the program I was sent to code. I sighed leaning back to stretch my tangled muscles deciding to head over and oversee how the trio-- my men- were doing.

I was walking towards the trio's office, humming to Only love can hurt like this until a loud curse reached my eyes from outside their door.

Identifying the loud voice as Nadei's. My hand immediately latched swinging the door open with fear as their eyes snapped to me in alarm.

"What's wrong love?" Nikolai asked racking a hand through his blond curls.

"I just wanted to check up on you," I hugged him and Nial moving to Nadei that was holding a folder of some sort.

The anger rolled off of him in waves and I clasped my hand around his rigid form pulling said folder from his grasp. Noting it as his reason of discomfort. I wanted to burn the damn thing.

He cuddled me to him as if to calm himself down and I swooned at the act when he pushed his face into my crook planting soft kisses as my feet rose up at our height difference.

And my fear was earned at the drop of a hat. "You okay, baby?" I whispered.

He kissed my forehead and smiled, "I'm good now, Little one," he intertwined our fingers as my eyes drifted to the source of his anger and frustration.

I frowned.

"What's this?" I opened the folder and numerous papers and pictures fell on the floor.

My breathing fastened as I grabbed the picture but immediately dropped it as if it burnt me and I froze in place.

Memories, no, horrid nightmares of them spun me like a rollercoaster and my light complexion palled furthermore as a horrified look got etched on my face. My eyes stung. A loud thudding blasted through my ears. Was it my heart?

No, oh gods no.

The trio looked shocked but concerned too.

I stepped back, with each step I took they took one forward and a choked sob was ripped out of my throat as images of him and his sons swirled in my brain with horrible things

-

- -

My sixteen-year-old beaten-up and small frame curled up in the basement clutching my sides as whimpers of pain escaped me.  I laid on my back, crying to the gods above to rid me of my pain for once and for all.

"Cry bitch, it's what you deserve!" Maximus hissed sending a rough kick to my side as a choked whimper evaded my malnourished, bruised self. His boot undoubtedly breaking a few of my ribs. Again.

Gods, please take me away.

Take away the pain.

I don't want to live like this anymore.

The other two laughed mockingly and stood at the sidelines.

"Nobody would ever want an abused ugly embarrassing worthless whore!" another kick to my side as I cried out from the rough effect of a hand yanking my hair back ripping my dirty strands with purpose.

"Embarrassing us in front of our guests, then blame it on someone else huh?" He sent a punch to my already bruised-up face as I coughed out blood struggling to say that I wasn't the one who did whatever he said I did.

"Pl-lease," my plead was cut short as the door opened revealing the creator of these monsters.

My heartbeat zoomed as sobs and groans of pain were all that was heard in the enclosed space. He smugly strolled in with a sick smirk on his face, a belt in his hand as I shook my head over and over again.

Gods, no, no. Not the belt.

"You're going to pay for what you fucking did. Grab her," Ethan and Hunter each grabbed my bruised aching arms to tie me up to the wall. The shackles they used on their enemies hold me like a dead carcass.

Why did they hate me so much?

Why?

"No! No, no please I d-didn't do anything I-I s-swear!" my yelling got me a hard punch to the gut, blood seeped out of my mouth and cuts like an ugly endless red stained stream.

I trashed in their hold with all I had in me. "Please!"

"Lying just got you to 40 whips!" he cackled like a maniac the look on his face was of absolute madness. His hand tumbled down on my face with harsh slaps. "Shut the fuck up!"

My eyes were closed and the bruising worsened with each hit as I waited for it. I waited for the worst.

And I screamed as the first slash of the leather belt burnt my skin, my hands bled from the tight cuffs holding me to the wall and I surrendered. Waiting and hanged like a slave feeling the wrath of its master.

It was better to just let them do what they wanted.

I was done fighting.

I just wanted to die.

_

"Darling?"

I blinked.

Where was I?

"What's wrong my love?"

Nadei's worried voice rang in my ears as tears of angst, pain, and mistreatment sprung down my cheeks like a river. "Baby, tell me what's wrong?" He insisted.

"I-I-h-he-" I stuttered clutching my chest and pointing at the picture on the folder Nikolai is holding in his hands. My head felt like it was going to explode.

Their eyes widened with recognition and their jaws clenched with anger. No. Fury. Hot scorching fury broke through their usual carefree façade.

Nial grabbed me from staving off as I felt a panic attack rising, my overflowing, endless tears and shallow breaths evening out when he pulled me into his lap. "Stay with me." he repeated, over and over.

"Baby girl, breathe with me," he softly murmured words that brought me back to earth, my hyperventilating stilling as i can cried onto his chest hoping, wishing to forget everything and anything related to my past.

Rubbing my back soothingly and kissing my head and all over my face calmed me down, my tiredness overtook over me but Nial nudged me getting my attention.

"Do you know this man?" Nadei needed my verbal confirmation as always and I exhaled a harsh breath clutching Nial with all my might fearing that he would leave me.

I brokenly uttered. "Y-yes."

"What is he to you?"

"My stepfather," I croaked out painfully trying to shove the rememberings to the back of my head and all hell broke loose at those two single words.