0.10

I just needed one last filler to prepare for the next handful of chapters, so bear with me😩

Unedited </3

Smith

"How was it with Diego last night?"

I take another chunk of Dayanara's thick hair before weaving it with another section. My eyes train on her head as I try not to recall anything about yesterday night. With a shrug, I mutter out, "Fine."

"You didn't kill each other," Dayanara beams as I braid further down her head. Damn this girl for having the longest and thickest hair to exist. My fingers ache, but I continue the style she desires. "Are you still mad at me for making you two share a room?"

Yes, of course I am. I'm furious. Though last night didn't go horribly wrong, I still hate the fact that I'm having to spend the next few nights in a room with Diego. However, I can't stay mad at my best friend for long. "No." Before Dayanara can press the question, I ask, "which cousin is coming over? You have like...10."

"No, I have 9."

"Oh, my bad, my bad," I grumble while tying off the braid. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth as I examine her hair. Dayanara takes advantage of the fact that my sister has taught me various hairstyles. "Which one?"

"Jade."

I furrow my brows at the name that I'm not sure is familiar or not. "Have I met her?" Before Dayanara can answer, Maria comes skipping into the room with a toothy grin. Her messy hair floats in the air, making it seem as if she had just woken up. "Did you get into a fight with a bear? Jeez, Maria."

The girl pats her head, feeling the frizz and broken curls. "Can you braid my hair too?" My eyes widen. Not only does Maria have hair as thick as Dayanara's, she also has curls. Last time I attempted to do her hair, it didn't end well. "Please?"

I scowl at the pleading out and wicked smile Maria sends me. "Fine..."

I'm unsure how, but I managed to braid Maria's hair as neatly as possible. She kept wiggling around and moving her head, but I did the best I could. Based on the smile and endless 'thank you's Maria gave me, I know she loves the styled look.

Afterwards, I choke down most of the breakfast. Grand flavors melt on my tongue, making me want to shove the entire plate in my mouth. However, my anxiety gets the best of me and forces me to eat slower and fear every other bite until a majority of the plate is empty.

Since Jade came over right as breakfast ended, my mind distracted itself enough to push aside my purging urges. I went yesterday without it, which was the first time in a long time. Will I be able to keep everything down for the next week? I'm not sure. I hope not.

"Smith, right?" With a smile and nod, I give Jade a light squeeze before releasing her. The girl's brown eyes glide up and down my eyes for a moment. Before I can overthink her stare, she speaks. "Wow, I remember the last time I saw you, you were shorter and wider."

The smile on my face falls as my heart hit the floor.

Her comment reminds me that I have food in my stomach. It reminds me that I ate last night and am going to eat more later. I reminded that I have always been, and always will be 'wide'. And goddamnit, why did she have to remind me of something so obvious but hurtful?