0.14

Smith

Fortunately, Diego did not get attacked by a bear nor did the fire relight. He comes back into the house safe and sound while sending me a smile as I sip on water.

However, my mind doesn't ease from the anxieties of everything that just happened.

What does kissing mean? Does he like me? Do I even like him? How do I feel about Diego? Why did I get so attached to him so fast, even before the kiss? What is happening to me?

Why is this already so complicated?

A sigh leaves my mouth, and I don't bother to quiet myself. I want to scream. I want to groan. I want to let out every ounce of frustration and confusion. Why do I feel so conflicted?

"What's on your mind?"

I look up at Diego, who is already looking at me. And gosh, I can't help but blush and smirk at the sight of him. I mean, how can I not? He's so beautiful and my heart truly can't handle it. And neither can my brain.

"A lot," I mumble.

How am I going to explain everything rushing through my mind right now. How can I explain that I enjoyed the kiss, but I'm not allowed to? How am I supposed to explain this weird, fuzzy feeling that he gives me? How do I explain how quickly my feelings have shifted in just days?

"My parents always say 'hate the sin, not the sinner'," I say in an attempt to voice some thoughts. However, I know once I say one thought, a million more are going to come out. "But I'm sure they're gonna hate me for this."

Diego nods in understanding but says, "What they don't know won't hurt them."

"But what if-"

"No one has to know what we do," Diego whispers while sliding his hands into my hair. Gosh, he's so irresistible. I don't care about sins when I see his lips. I rather be the world's biggest sinner than never kiss him again. "You're so pretty."

I can't help but smile at his words. I'm not sure if he's saying it to make me feel better or not, but I love hearing those words leave his mouth. "And so are you." Diego's fingers twirl around my hair as our faces become closer. Excitement fills me at the chance of us kissing again. "Can I..."

No, I can't ask for it. Why would Diego want to kiss me again? I had a pathetic meltdown about it the first time, why would he want to again? What if I'm a horrible kisser? What if my lips are crusty and gross? What if-

"Yes, you can."

Our lips meet. Then they meet again. And again. Possibly a few times more after that. I cherish every soft, sweet kiss, wanting nothing more than to spend my entire night tasting Diego. And with each kiss, I grow more confident that he feels the same way.

For hours, we talk about everything. And anything. And nothing at all. Kisses mix into our conversation, keeping us awake. I don't remember half of the things we talk about, to be honest. All I know is that Diego and I talked until the sun peaked between the blinds.

~~~

The second my eyes open, everything rushes back to me. All of last night/this morning circles around my head, filling me with joy. Oh, how amazing it is to think of something so memorable when waking up.