EIGHT. looking at me like i'm easy

     SOME TIME during the Thanksgiving break, Jackie and Alex had started dating

And to River?

It completely came out of nowhere... at least in her opinion it had.

She hadn't even heard the news from the Walter's, she heard it from Kiley.

River stood by her locker, her hair flowing down her back as she readjusted the straps on her backpacks as she heard Kiley tell the same story she heard this morning to Evan.

"I mean, he's been following her like a lost dog." Evan said. "He's cool and all and I love playing Baldur's Gate with him, but after his last relationship you'd think he'd wait a while before moving on."

River nodded absentmindedly as she sipped on her watered down Iced Vanilla Latte from Dunkin' donuts.

"I'm supposed to meeting with him later, I'll try and spare you the graphic details of their relationship." Kiley joked and left the duo alone.

Evan turned, looking over at River.

"What?" River questioned.

"You spent Thanksgiving with them and didn't suspect him and Jackie together?"

River shrugged her shoulders. "I had my own shit going on."

"Cole and River shit? Or just... regular shit?"

River smiled, gently hitting Evan's arm. "Both. He's... acting weird. Ever since the lake house he's just been... more-"

"More?" Evan chuckled, pushing off his locker and making his way down the hall with River following behind. "Cole is the same guy we all know. He likes you, River and I know you know it."

"Everyone likes me-"

"You know what I mean." He said. "He's jealous of almost any guys he comes in contact with you. Even me."

"You?"

"That's what I said." Evan chuckled, leading River into the cafeteria. "I'm just saying, it's clear to everyone, even to you, that Cole still has a thing for you. If I know that, so do you. You can't keep deny it."