ELEVEN. stupid in love

     RIVER NEVER really let things bother her

RIVER NEVER really let things bother her. She never let it get to the point to where everything would bubble up and boil over, but somehow, she'd let Cole heat up the stove and never turn it off.

She held these thoughts for days and wouldn't comment on it to anyone. It really wasn't any of their business in the first place.

They wanted to make sure that she was okay, but it was clear that she wasn't. She didn't want to talk about it, she didn't want to think about, and she didn't want to cry about it.

Instead, she would get ready for the county fair.

She jacked up her bootcut jeans and slipped on her brown boots that matched her tank top and flannel as she braided her hair into two and placed a white cowboy hat on top.

She shoved her phone into her pocket along with loose change and her keys. She quickly shut her bedroom door and made her way downstairs, already seeing that everyone had been ready to go.

The Calflin's made their way out the house and into River's car.

Small conversations between them brewed but everyone knew not to mention Cole whatsoever.

They had finally made it to the county fair and River turned back in her seat.

"Mom, dad, and Summer will be here later to help dad with the pigs for the contest. We all meet for the concert and meet back here when it's all over. If you're not here you better find another ride." She quickly explained.

They all nodded and stepped out of her car and soon separated to do their own thing until they met up again for the pig off.

In the meantime, River would wait for Evan to arrived so they could properly pig out on the food trucks without feeling guilty later.

River found herself looking around with some passerby as they watched some people prepare for the, what she called, "horse games" later.

Alex had been apart of the festivities, but River didn't think she would stay long enough to see if he won or not.