[4.04]

FALL

ꪻowards the end of Fall, Jess received a phone call from Luke in which he shared a date for his and Lorelai's wedding. Luckily it fell on a Sunday of a weekend Taryn and Jess had already both taken off of work, for their monthly date day. They figured they could easily postpone, especially for something as big as a wedding.

Jess carried the dress bag containing Luke's suit up the stairs into the Gilmore house, even though Taryn enthused that she could carry it herself. Taryn had willingly made Luke's suit after he couldn't find anything he liked in various stores and he hadn't taken a liking to Lorelai's own tailor who had fit her wedding dress and all her clothes through childhood. Upon entering the house, the three were greeted by Luke and Jess passed on the suit for him to change into. Taryn, Jess and Daisy all waited in the living room whilst Luke got changed in the downstairs bathroom. Daisy played with Paul Anka, her attention so completely focused on the dog that Taryn couldn't help but feel the need to adopt one soon. Taryn sat on the arm of Jess' chair and read the book he was currently working through over his shoulder, wanting something to do whilst the nerves of things not fitting correctly bit at her stomach. Even after all the success and fame she had throughout the world, she still found herself anxious when it came to making pieces for her family. When Angela had asked her to make her a wedding dress, Taryn had found herself so stressed that her hair had started to fall out.

"What's this?" Luke asked as he emerged from the bathroom, in a perfectly fitting suit and a crooked tie, with a piece of fabric that matched the color of Lorelai's wedding dress in hand.

"That's a pocket square," Taryn explained as she stood from the chair, planning on going over to fix his tie.

"Oh, right," Luke responded before simply shoving the fabric into the pocket, not caring for how it looked. Taryn 's tongue clicked against her teeth instinctively and she quickly sought out to fix the pocket square and his tie, double checking the stitching on his collar as she did so. The entire situation felt eerie similar to when Jess had to dress in a suit for a book related event and hadn't folded his pocket square properly either.

As Taryn stepped back to check for any other mistakes that she could not see close up, she asked, "Fit okay? Is anything too small or feels odd?"

Luke, shaking his shoulders underneath the fabric of the suit to almost settle himself within the piece of clothing, responded with a light laugh."It fits perfectly. Way better than any of those other suits I tried on." Taryn, happy with her work, sat back down on the arm of the chair as Luke now turned to the living room as a whole, "Well?"

"Turn around," Jess instructed, closing the book in his hands before he stood from the chair. She quickly scooped up the book and marked his page with her thumb. Luke sighed in annoyance yet still turned, extending his arms as if to show all points of the suit. "You are a very handsome man."

Luke sighed, "All right."

"I mean very hot."

"I got it."

Jess persisted, lip curling up into a grin, "Rande Gerber hot."

"Enough Jess," Luke pressed whilst his granddaughter laughed quietly to herself as she cuddled Paul Anka.

"Hey," Jess paused, his tone changing incredibly quickly. " You look good."

Luke smiled softly, though it was hardly visible, "Yeah?"

"I only do sincere one man," Jess responded as he affectionately tapped Luke on the shoulder and returned to his chair.

"You look great, grandpa Luke," Daisy complimented. "Even better with the pocket square not just shoved into the pocket like Dad does." Taryn laughed softly to herself as both Luke and Jess' eyes widened.