Chapter 1

It is Pruk's first day in new kindergarten. His Mama, Papa and two older sisters moved recently to Bangkok from Chaing Rai, because Pruk's Papa got a new job. At first, he was very upset because he had to leave his bestest friend in the whole world. His name was Joss, and he was also six years old, just like Pruk. They were inseparable and attached at the hip since their families lived on the same street and their mothers were good friends. Pruk didn't cry because he was a big boy and big boys don't cry, that's what his sister Jenna said and Jenna is an Alpha, so she is always right, but he was very sad and kept clutching Joss till last possible second.

His new kindergarten is bigger than the one he left in Chiang Rai. When he and his Mama came here for the first time to check the place and register Pruk, he saw the biggest playground ever, with a variety of swings, sandboxes, slides, climbers, spinners, spring riders and many, many other things that he wanted to try out. He tugged at his Mama's sleave and looked at her with shining eyes.

"Can I play, Ma?" he said with hope in his voice.

"Later, sweetie" his Mama replied. "First, we need to make them accept you and then you can play all you want, so be a good boy, hmm?"

"Okie, Ma, I'll be the best!"

"That's my boy." His Mama hugged him and together they entered the building which made even bigger impression on the boy. He couldn't wait to come here again and explore. He is a very curious little man.

So, a few days later he is standing before the building once again and this time he is supposed to stay here for half of the day.

His teacher, Miss Maya, introduces him to the class and he quickly makes a new friend with a boy named Max. Max is almost the same height as him, with lighter hair and some freckles, and he smells like pines in Chiang Rai.

Max shows him his favorite toys and they play together until the teacher tells the class that they are going outside to the playground to mingle with kids from other groups. Pruk perks up when he hears that, he will finally try out the swings and the spinners!

When they go out, some children are already outside. Max leads him to the swings near the sandboxes and that's when Pruk smells it for the first time. It is a mix of his favorite jellies and dark chocolate. And all of his family know how much he loves dark chocolate, it's the yummiest! He stops right in his track and looks around frantically. He absolutely has to find the source of that smell! He fumbles around the area and finally, after few seconds, he notices a little boy sitting alone in one of the sandboxes.

The boy is focused on making a small sandcastle and is biting his lip. He wears light blue shirt and beige shorts. He looks like he isn't aware what is happening around him. And he's absolutely the prettiest boy Pruk ever saw in all his six years of life. He's younger than him, has pudgy cheeks, plump pink lips and cute little fridge that falls slightly above his eyes. He looks like an angel.

Before Pruk realizes what is happening, he's already sitting in the sandbox, near the boy and stares at him mesmerized, slowly inhaling his jelly and chocolate scent into his lungs, Max already completely forgotten.

Only then the boy realizes that something is disturbing his peace. He looks up and lets out a surprised "Aow", nearly knocking off his sandcastle.

"What you are doin'?" Pruk asks, pointing at the castle.

The boy glances at his work then at Pruk and blinks his eyes twice.

"It's really pretty, you're really pretty too!" Pruk is quite the bold boy, and his Mama always says that it's polite to acknowledge other people's hard work.

The boy squeaks and turns his face away, his pudgy cheeks getting pinker with each passing second. His scent also becomes more prominent, making Pruk unconsciously lean closer.

"You smell so good, can I hug you?" he asks, because he's literally itching to touch.

The boy finally looks at him and his eyes go wide as saucers.

"I luv hugs!" he says with a big smile. Then he shyly admits, "And you smelly good, too."

"Okay, so let's hug." Pruk holds his arms out. The boy, clearly forgetting his previous shyness, all but throws himself into Pruk's embrace. His little chubby arms grip the older boy's waist firmly and his face slots itself right into his neck.

All of sudden, Pruk feels something strange.

Because right when the boy is in his arms, he feels as if he was in his home, right after a great nap, warm, safe and happy. That scent, jellies with dark chocolate, fills his whole body, making him want to sleep right there, with the boy leaning heavily on him.

They don't part for a long time.

The boy lets out the happy purr, nuzzling into Pruk's neck like a kitten. Pruk isn't the biggest fan of cats, he prefers dogs, because dogs are absolutely the best, but he can't help his hand from scratching behind the boy's right ear as if he was petting a little kitty.

"Hey, you were s'pposed to play with meee!" comes a whine from behind them.

Pruk turns his head slightly and looks at Max, who has his arms crossed across his chest and is stomping his feet.

"B-but" he starts to speak, glancing back at the boy, who looks like he's in some kind of coma, with his eyes closed and blissful smile. He doesn't even acknowledge Max's presence, just keeps clinging to Pruk. "I wanna hug him some more" he finishes.

"Is this a new game? I wanna try it, too" Max says, getting closer to the boy.

And that's when another strange thing happens.

Pruk lets out something that's supposed to be a warning growl, but because he's still a pup, it comes as strangled yowl. The boy jerks in his arms and whines low in his throat, clearly confused and startled. Max pauses midstep with shock clearly written across his face, but he's not as shocked as Pruk himself for sure. He never reacted that way before to anyone under any circumstances.

"What's happening here?" comes from teacher Maya, who rushed to them with another teacher as soon as they noticed commotion in the sandbox.

"Miss Maya, Pruk growled at me, I didn't do anything! I swear, Miss Maya, I only wanted to play too." Max is close to tears, his chin is wobbling and he's clenching his little fists.

"It's okay, Max, I know you meant nothing bad. Miss Cherry will take you to the classroom, okay? I need to take care of Pruk and Chawarin here."

Pruk's head perks up. So, the boy's name is Chawarin. What a beautiful name, it suits his angel very much. Chawarin hiccups and Pruk quickly shushes him, wrapping his arms firmer around the little boy.

"Pruk, release Chawarin, please. I need to make sure he's okay."

"But I don' wanna, he's mine" he replies with a pout.

Miss Maya looks dumbfounded for a second, then something close to understanding comes across her face. She kneels near the boys but keeps her distance as not to trigger Pruk again.

"Oh, I see, Chawarin must be really special to you. We will have a lunch in a few minutes, how about I'll take you and Chawarin to the table so you can maybe chat a little?"

"Lunch? I'm hungwy!" Chawarin suddenly perks up at the mention of the food. "Come, come, PukPuk, come!" The little boy wiggles out of Pruk's hold and tugs at his T-shirt. Pruk discovers he can't say no to that eager face, so he gets up and holds out his little hand.

"Let's go then! My Mama says we need to eat a lot to grow tall and strong."

Chawarin giggles and takes older boy's hand. Miss Maya leads them to the table and leaves them with mango sticky rice. Chawarin immediately starts to eat, his left hand never leaving Pruk's right even for a second. Poor boy needs to awkwardly eat with his left hand, as he also refuses to let his new friend's hand go.

Miss Maya comes to the principal office and shuts the door behind herself.

"Ms. Adele, we need to call Ms. Panich and Ms. Perdipiriyawong. It looks like their children imprinted on each other."