Chapter 12

Mine.

"Mine."

It clearly shocks them both.

Chawarin barely registers that he's in hospital room, as his main focus is on his soulmate who doesn't stop looking at him without even slightest move.

He can't help but look at Pruk too. He knows his face like a back of his own hand, yet strangely he feels like he sees him for the first time in his life. That intense gaze makes him feel antsy and his irises...

He somehow knows what the red color of them means.

His soulmate has just presented.

The realization makes him shiver all over his body, spreading a surge of warmth over his skin.

"Hia," he says. He's thirsty, his throat is parched, but he desperately needs to touch him. "You're... you're an Alpha."

Pruk blinks thrice and shakes his head, as if he's gathering his thoughts. He comes closer. "We... we've both presented. You're an Omega, Nhu."

"W-what?" No, that's impossible. He was supposed to be a simple Beta.

"You have golden eyes, Nhu." Pruk hovers over him now, his eyes never leaving Chawarin. "And your smell... it's still yours but... more."

Chawarin opens his mouth to voice his confusion when it hits him. His soulmate's scent. Bergamot and sea breeze, but more intense, heavy, almost suffocating. He wants to bathe in it, to soak it into himself. He almost tastes it on his tongue.

They are Mates. Completely and utterly. Spiritually and physically. Alpha and Omega.

"Hia..." he moans involuntarily. The air conditioning surely must have broken down, because it's so hot in the room, and he's only just realized that he's sweating. He longs to take off the hospital gown and at the same time he wants to ask Pruk for his clothes, pile them all on his bed and bury under them for the next days. What's happening with him? He feels so dizzy.

His expression must have been obvious enough, because Pruk's gaze softens. "It's okay, Nhu. We'll figure something out. You and me always, remember?"

For a moment he feels more lucid. Yes, everything will be all right. Pruk will make it better. He always knows how to comfort him and take care of him.

But then Pruk reaches out with his hand and Chawarin stares as if hypnotized as their hands come in touch. The first touch is earth-shattering and so familiar at the same time. The fire spreads from his fingers, through his arm and all over his body, licking over his skin and making him shudder with goosebumps.

"Hia, please..." He doesn't know what he wants; he only knows that this fever will soon consume him and leave only ashes. There is no other outcome. It's all too much; the scent, the fever, and... wetness?

Pruk's nostrils flare at the new scent. "Nhu, I don't know if I..." he says, trying to shake himself from the daze. "I need to..." His red eyes are burning, and Chawarin knows he will lose himself in them, and it's scary. Everything is so scary, and he knows he can't escape, he...

"Hey, what is happening here?" A new voice calls. Chawarin breaks the gaze from Pruk and looks towards the sound. It's a young male Alpha doctor, judging by the scrubs he wears. The doctor looks between them, sniffs twice and then realization shows on his face. He then frowns slightly. "It seems you've presented; that's quite unexpected." The doctor scratches his chin. "Okay, Mr. Panich, I need you to step back from Chawarin; we need to examine him, and growling Alpha won't help with that."

Just in this moment Chawarin realizes that Pruk lets out little snarls in the direction of the strange Alpha. He also takes a defensive stance, as if he wants to protect Chawarin from the danger.