Chapter 2

"What do you mean, imprinted on each other?" says Mrs. Panich as she and Mrs. Perdpiriyawong sit in the principal's office. "My son is only six years old, he barely dresses himself in the morning."

"And Chawarin just turned four, it's impossible that he imprinted on someone. Besides, he's painfully shy and wary, he doesn't latch onto someone just like that."

"I understand your concern. Forming a bond in such young age is indeed very rare, however we've encountered cases like that before. I'm almost one hundred percent that both boys have strong Alpha/Omega traits, otherwise they wouldn't reacted to each other like that." Ms. Adele look at both mothers with a reassuring smile. "Of course, it's still too early to determine their secondary gender, but based on their behavior, which we have been monitoring while waiting for your arrival, it looks like Pruk may be an Alpha and Chawarin an Omega."

"Omega? Does that mean they gonna present soon?" There's a concern in Mrs. Perdpiriyawong's voice. Generally, second genders tend to manifest at around 14-15 years old.

"Not in the nearest future, but there's a strong chance that they'll have their first rut and heat one or two years earlier than their peers. For now, they're still little kids, who just developed a strong relationship."

"Where are they now?" asks Pruk's mother, almost rising from the chair.

"They're napping." Ms. Adele gaze turns serious. "I advise you to not interfere too much into their bond. It's still forming, so the best course is to let it grow naturally. Of course, we're going to keep an eye on them in school, so you don't have to worry. Pruk is now a little bit territorial and may show some aggressive behavior, but he'll recognize his parents and will back off. Chawarin, on the other hand, may suffer from separation anxiety at first, so if it's possible, please give him something that belongs to Pruk, so he can have his scent with him when they're apart."

"O-Oh, naturally, we'll figure out something out. Mrs. Perdpiriyawong, do you have some free time? I would like to invite you and Pruk to my house. I think we need to discuss these matters over a cup of tea... or something stronger."

"Yes, yes, let me just call my husband, and we can go" replies Chawarin's mom. "Ms. Adele, thank you for your help and advice. Please, show us where the boys are."

Someone is shaking Pruk from his slumber. He doesn't want to wake up, he's dreaming about rivers of melted dark chocolate and jelly animals. He's also clutching something warm and soft, something that's very important to him, and instinctively he knows that he shouldn't let it go. He protests in his sleep, baring his teeth and tightening his arms. Maybe the one disturbing him will go away.

"Sweetie, it's me, Mama, wake up, please."

Pruk slowly peels open his eyes. He looks around drowsily and sees that he's in the daycare's nap room. He remembers that after lunch he and Chawarin were playing a bit with blocks and then they were taken to the nap room. Teachers tried to put them in separate beds, but Chawarin started to wail and Pruk trashed in teacher's hold until they had to let them sleep together.

Last thing Pruk remembered before falling asleep was that he was clutching Chawarin's hand and had a mouth full of younger boy's hair, as the latter showed his face straight into Pruk's neck. "Nighty night PukPuk" was the last thing the little boy said before he drifted to sleep.

"It's time to go home, darling" his Mama continues, caressing his head. She's kneeling near the bed with his backpack on her shoulder. Another lady is standing on the other side, trying to wake Chawarin.

"Mama, can I take Chawarin with me, please? I need to show him my firetruck" he asks politely, because he knows that his Mama likes when he says please. And he really, really needs to show Chawarin his room and his toys.

"We can invite Chawarin and his mom, sweetie, but not for long. Chawarin has his own home and his toys that will miss him."

"Okie, you hear that, Rin? We comin' to my house!" Pruk gets up from the bed and starts to tug the younger boy, who's still halfway asleep.

"Yay!" he replies adorably, wiping the last remnants of sleep from his eyes with his fists. "Mommy, mommy, look, this is PukPuk, my fw'iend" he says to his mother excitedly. "PukPuk givins best hugs, Mommy, almos' as good as you!"

Chawarin's mother hides her chuckle behind her hand.

"All right, you little hugging monster, grab your things, we don't want Pruk and Mrs. Panich to leave without you, do we?"

"No, Mommy!" he shouts scared of that possibility, then turns to the older boy. "Wait fow' me, okie? Don' leave me" he says, clutching Pruk's hand tightly.

"Never." Pruk looks equally terrified. "I'm gonna stay here" he says, pointing at the floor, "and I'm gonna wait and wait, and wait."

Chawarin darts outside the room as if devil himself was chasing him. Pruk, true to his word, stays in the exact spot he pointed at. Not a minute later Chawarin comes back, gripping his backpack. He hands it to his mother.

"I'm w'eady, PukPuk!"

Pruk giggles and puffs his chest.

"See? I was waitin' for you, as I said!" he proclaims proudly. Chawarin peers at the older boy and giggles. And then, before anyone could say anything, he runs out of the room, his laughter echoing through the hallway, Pruk hot on his heels.

"Chawarin, careful!" shouts Mrs. Perdpiriyawong, then shakes her head and looks at Pruk's mom.

"Give me your address, we'll meet at your house. I hope boys won't be too fussy."

Mrs. Panich has a fond look on her face.

"I have a feeling it's gonna be a very interesting journey" she says, not necessarily referring to the trip to the Panich house.