Chapter 6: Proms, Proposals & Evelyn's Graduation

It's been about a couple of weeks since Bella got back from Phoenix and she is now wearing a boot instead of a cast. When she got back home, she blew up my phone stating how mad she was because I didn't come visit her in the hospital. She even went as far as to blame me for being grounded because apparently if I would've went with her, then dad wouldn't have been as harsh. Yeah, okay. Whatver you say Bella. I already don't want to be around a coven of 7 vampires. What makes her think that I want to be on the run from one? I think she hit her head a little too hard and it made her delusional.

Tonight was the night of prom for both at Forks and La Push. The principal at Forks said even though I'm taking online courses, I can still attend if I wanted to since technically I'm still a student. I didn't want to go to Forks by myself so Paul asked me to be his plus one. Also, I didn't want the leeches seeing the ring that I'm wearing and figuring out that I'm engaged to the hothead of the pack.

*Flashback*

I was sitting at home finishing up my last lesson for the day before I'm finally done with everyting. Within a week, the principal will let me know what my final grade is and he said I could attend the graduation in person if I passed.

Right when I finished up and started putting my things away, Paul walked through the door all happy. I asked him what's got him so excited and all he told me was to go dress comfortable because he was taking me out on a date. I nodded my head and did just that. After I got done getting ready for our date, I started shouting for Paul and I was met with silence. I started searching the house and couldn't find him anywhere. When I finally walked into the kitchen, I found a note on the table and it said, "Go out the back door and follow the trail." I walked out the back and I see lights lining up the sides of the trail that leads into the woods toward the beach. I did what the note said and followed the trail.

When I got to the end of the trail, I realized I was in fact at the beach. I see Paul all dressed up, standing next to a blanket that's spread out on the ground, a picnic basket sitting on top of it and some wine sitting next to it.

It looked absolutely perfect

It looked absolutely perfect. When I finally made it to him, he pulled me in for a kiss. Before I could get deeper into the kiss, I pulled away and left me with a pouty face. All he could do is laugh and told me that there would be more time for that later. All I did was nod my head.

"So, shall we Ms. Swan?" he asked and then gestured toward the beautiful set up he did.

"We shall, Mr. Lahote," I say. Before I sat down, I took off my shoes and sat them to the side. He followed soon after and enjoyed the date that he planned out. We talked for hours, he would steal kisses throughout the evening, and eventually got up and started to walk along the shoreline while holding hands. As we were getting close to the end of our date, he started getting nervous and very antsy. He couldn't keep still. I kept asking if he was alright and he said he was. After what felt like the millionth time, I finally just came out with and got very serious. "Paul, what is going on? Don't tell me you are alright either. You clearly aren't since you can't keep still." He just looked at me and didn't say anything. I knew he was habving trouble finding his words. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" He just nodded his head. "Okay, then tell me what is going through that head of yours." I swear if he would've had a heart attack right now, it would because how fast his heart was racing.