ONE. the start of something new

     STARTING HIGH school wasn't very hyped up as it used to be

     STARTING HIGH school wasn't very hyped up as it used to be. The idea of going from middle school with people you've known all your life to high school with people who were way older and had the weight of the world on their shoulders.

But for now, Aleena York was worried about one thing and one thing only.

Getting in and out of school without any complications from Riley Matthews and her posse of friends that believed that everything revolved around them. That this was their world and they had every right to be right and didn't do any wrong.

And that was something Aleena didn't understand.

Why do you think that the world revolves around you and you alone! Because your dad said so? Their history teacher told them so?

That wasn't fair to Aleena or any of her classmates who had world history with Mr. Matthews.

Yeah, they sat in the back, but that didn't mean they had to be background characters for Riley Matthews and her friends.

So, Aleena made it her mission to ignore Riley Matthews, Maya Hart, Lucas Friar, Zay Babineaux, Isadora Smackle, and Farkle Minkus with all her power and if she couldn't she would not make herself a background character in their world.

And that would start today. Starting as soon as she stepped foot into Abigail Adams High School with her best friend Charlie Boone, who would always be taking part in the "ignoring the posse" program.

"I can't believe we have history with Mr. Matthews again." Charlie sighed. "I spent 3 years with him... didn't he think that was enough?"

Aleena chuckled, pushing through the crowd of students the filled the hallways as she made her way towards the same class.

"Apparently not." She teethed. "To think, we were so close of getting rid of the Matthews's and their story."

"I don't know." Charlie said. "I thought that the Riley-Maya-Lucas love triangle was getting pretty good."

"Yeah, right." Aleena scoffed. "I still can't believe Mr. Matthews based a whole lesson off of that."

"Yeah..." Charlie sighed. "That was... intense."