EIGHT. happiness

     ALEENA AND Maya had been dating for quite some time now, but for some odd reason, Maya was nervous to invite Aleena to her mother's wedding

She had a lot going on and didn't want to bother Aleena. She was nervous that the wedding would be canceled and that Shawn wouldn't stay. Maya didn't have as much hope for this wedding as she imagined and it sucked. She knew it sucked that she felt this way and she wanted to believe that Shawn wouldn't up and leave her like her father had... but something inside her kept telling her that he would.

But if the wedding did happen, she wanted Aleena to be there.

Maya heavily sighed and knocked on the apartment door of the York's and waited patiently for what she hoped to be Aleena to answer the door, but alas, when the door opened, Aleena's sister, Ayesha opened the door and smiled at the blonde girl.

"Um, hi." Maya smiled awkwardly. "Is Aleena home?"

Ayesha nodded and stepped to the side to allow Maya inside.

"Leena!" Ayesha called. "Maya's here!"

Maya heard a door open quickly and footsteps heavily coming down the stairs.

Aleena peered around the corner and gestured for Maya to follow behind her.

The blonde turned, waving at Ayesha who sat back down on the couch.

Aleena's sister sent Maya a small wave as she turned her attention back toward the show she'd been watching before she arrived.

As Maya followed Aleena upstairs and towards her bedroom, she took notice of the pictures that lined the walls. Baby pictures of Aleena and her siblings, her parents on their wedding day, and photos of Aleena's siblings graduating high school. Just picture after picture that seemed to never end.

Soon enough, Maya found herself in Aleena's bedroom and it was a stark contrast from her own and Riley's, but that's not what she was there for, to Maya, it would be better to talk about why she chose to have her walls painted a dark gray than talk about this wedding that was peering its ugly head around the corner.