THREE. a new you

     ALEENA HAD never seen a bathroom so full on a school day

     ALEENA HAD never seen a bathroom so full on a school day. In fact, she'd never seen a bathroom so full of crying girls in her life.

But she wasn't too focused on them as she washed her hands in the sink, dried them, and went back to applying the mascara over her lashes.

Yeah, it was early, but it was early enough for the girl not to put a little something one her face to make her feel like getting up in the morning was actually worth something.

She dropped said mascara down her boot and pulled out her favorite Cocoa Mocha Cocoa lip gloss.

As she turned, Maya and Riley entered the bathroom, confusion written all over their face as they continued further into the room full of crying teenage girls.

The girls turned, seeing Aleena leaning against the sink with her arms crossed over her chest as they approached her.

Riley awkwardly smiled towards her, dragging Maya to the only "familiar" face.

"What's going on?"

Aleena smiled. "It's Breakup Monday."

"How do you know that?" Maya asked.

"Because my sister has broken up with her boyfriend for the third time this month." She answered. "In this bathroom, we are known as the baby butterflies."

"Butterflies." Riley turned. "She knows us, Maya. We never noticed her and she knows us."

"Who you calling butterflies?" Maya asked, stepping forward. "We are proud middle school survivors."

"You survived middle school by the hair of chin, Hart." Aleena said. "These girls are going through something that you two hadn't seen yet."

Riley moved forward, leaning on the other sink nearby. "Is it just me, or is everybody up here a tad on the dramatic side today?"