FOUR. that's when the blonde girl knew

     ALEENA THOUGHT a lot about Maya Hart

ALEENA THOUGHT a lot about Maya Hart... more than what she wanted to.

She remembered the conversation she had with the Maya in the bathroom about how she and Charlie would never have the same relationship problems. That Aleena and Charlie would never be in the same predicament that she and Riley were in because Maya assumed that Aleena and Charlie would never like the same girl.

It was funny to Aleena at the time, but now... all she could do was sit and think about and she thought about it often.

She would find herself thinking about it before bed, when she would brush her teeth, deciding on whether or not to keep her hair natural or to wake up two hours earlier to straighten it.

It was a middle school crush, something that Aleena hated and she hated that Charlie liked her more. She hated that he could have more of a chance than her. She hated that the girl didn't even look their way.

That was the only reason that the crush died on both ends. Aleena dropped her quicker than Charlie, but Aleena vowed to never like someone who didn't give her the light of day.

As she continue to ponder in thought she got a message on her phone from Charlie. He just wanted her to take his painting to school for him because his mother was yelling at him and his siblings about who kept the spoiled milk on the fridge and wouldn't be able to do it.

Aleena heavily sighed, it was dark out and she had high doubts that the school doors would be unlocked for her to place the painting down.

But she knew it was important to Charlie that she got it there for the showcase and he had left the painting at her place because he knew that his sister would absentmindedly ruin it.

So, with a heavy sigh, the girl stood to her feet and changed out of pajamas to put on a plan white tee and some jeans she forgot she'd bought and picked up the painting and made her way to the school.