6- lies

~ 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹'𝑺 𝑷𝑬𝑻 ~

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠•  𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓  20𝒕𝒉 • 2023

~ 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞~

𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I didn't attend school today.

The events of yesterday still haven't left my mind, Anique didn't tell us what he called her for but it was obvious they had something going on.

She seems even more secretive about her relationships and doesn't walk with us on the outside,  instead brings up unfinished works that needed to be done .

But I wasn't that easy to fool.

" yuh nah eat ?" My mother asked standing over me .

She has been more active around me , made sure I wasn't going on the road that much and insisted on me stop attending my evening classes like normal.

I was a straight A student,  so my grades weren't that much bothered.  Chrissy was a little worried about my mother being so strict an protective with me , but non the less I didn't try to get under her skin.

" yes..." I mumbled forking up a piece of chicken and dumpling eating it together. 

My mother walked unto the verandah sitting directly infront of me . She didn't look up at me but there was something she wanted to say , like it was at the tip of her tongue.

" so a big man u want Tanya?" She exclaimed with a sigh.

I place the fork in the corner of the plate an cleared my throat barely look at her " nosah why yuh seh dat ?" .

" listen to me..... yuh fada run leff me when yah juss baby Inna belly , seh him nah mind u an mi affi do dat pon mi own an mi a try fi mek life better just fi u , suh juss nuh deh wid no boy " she says before getting off the chair.

She walks pass me into the room, I stopped my movements thinking about what she just told me .

I knew right from wrong , that being a teenager I'm exposed to certain elements of life and the ways in which people are now expressing themselves.

But I want to enjoy life ......

Getting up off the couch , I stretch an slowly creep into the kitchen to place the empty plate in the sink . My brain was a little shaken up since I was too busy thinking about my goals, my relationship and also what my mother just told me .

Was Mr Blake playing with me ?

.....what am I even asking myself

He's a teacher !

Mi a student !

That kind of relationship will lead us both in deep problems.

" Tanya!" My mother's loud voice echoes in the house , I swiftly turned around seeing her leaning against the door with a black bag and some money wrapped in her palm.

" come guh shop an buy 2 CoolAid an A Stayfree ," she says handing over the bag and money .

I searched around for my yard slippers, finding them an quickly set my way towards the shop not too far from our house .

Everybody knew my mother and also my father, I didn't know him very well but people spoke highly about him as if he was some type of savior but that is only Jesus Christ.

" chrissy!" I yelled walking pass her house .

Not hearing her loud chirping means she wasn't present in the yard or wasn't back from school yet. I checked my phone seeing the time was just after 2:27 pm and school didn't let over til 2:30-3 .