Author's Note

Hello again! 

This story is being written for the ONC 2024, based on prompts 13, 14, 24, and 29. I'm kind of mixing them all together, but this has been on my mind for a long time. I have been planning on writing a prequel to Fast Car and this is my perfect excuse to do it!

Now, my plan is to complete the ONC this year, but with my schedule, there is a chance I won't do it. Just like with Fast Car, though, I do plan to finish this story. 

What is the ONC? It is the Open Novella Contest that's held each year. It's open to stories based on any of the provided prompts and takes place February through April. The word count goal is 20,000-40,000 words. 

With that in mind, I will be keeping a word tally here at the bottom of this chapter. Just as a side note, this story can be read as a standalone or as part of the Escapes series, though you don't need to read the other stories for this one to make sense.

Word Count: 23527

Edit: I made it everyone! I finished my project on time for the first time ever and I am super excited! I loved writing this story and am actually quite proud of it. I'm going to be working in earnest on Fast Car until it's finished now, so if you want to check out the main story, please do!