Chapter four

Happy reading!

~~~

Author's POV

Siddhant, wearing a confident smile, entered the bustling lobby of DesignSynergy. The sleek, modern interior echoed his anticipation for the new chapter unfolding in his career. As he approached the reception desk, the receptionist greeted him warmly.

"Good morning! Are you joining us today?" she inquired.

Siddhant nodded, "Yes, I'm Siddhant, the new interior designer."

"Welcome, Siddhant! The team is excited to have you. Here's your access card, and your supervisor, Ms. Patel, will meet you in the design studio on the seventh floor."

Grateful for the warm reception, Siddhant headed towards the elevator. The doors slid open, revealing polished interiors that mirrored the company's commitment to design excellence. Pressing the button for the seventh floor, he couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement and nervousness.

Upon reaching the seventh floor, Siddhant stepped into a world of creativity. The design studio's vibrant atmosphere filled with sketches, color palettes, and models heightened his anticipation. Ms. Patel, his supervisor, greeted him with a warm smile.

"Siddhant, welcome aboard! I'm Ms. Patel, your supervisor. We're thrilled to have you on the team. Let's get started with a brief introduction to ongoing projects and your workspace."

As Ms. Patel guided him through the studio, Siddhant absorbed the innovative spirit around him. The collaborative environment sparked ideas, and he couldn't wait to contribute his creativity to the upcoming projects.

Meanwhile, Ishika found herself immersed in her department on the sixth floor. As she diligently worked on her tasks, her colleagues couldn't resist teasing her about the unusual early arrival.

"Early bird today, Ishika! New resolution?" Rishi, one of her colleagues and a close friend teased, raising an eyebrow.

Ishika playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm an early bird, Rishi. Remember the mother bird?" she reminded, referring to Nitya.

"Oh, got it. So, what made you early today? Cab ride?" he inquired.

"A friend dropped me off," Ishika replied, she replied, focused on the files in front of her.

"A friend, huh?" teased Divya, her close colleague and best friend.

"Yes, D. A Friend!" Ishika emphasized the word with a firm reply.

---

Upstairs on the seventh floor, Siddhant jumped into his new projects with lots of ideas. Ms. Patel, his supervisor, could tell he was excited and told him to share his thoughts. Throughout the day, Siddhant became part of the creative team, making the future look really exciting.

Meanwhile, on the bustling sixth floor, Ishika immersed herself in her tasks, aware that her three-month internship had already completed one month, leaving two more to go.

Despite her notorious habit of tardiness, she carried another reputation – completing tasks well before the deadline with minimal errors. She approached her work with utmost seriousness, fueled by her post-graduation goal of securing a position in this company. The competition was fierce among the ten interns, as only four would be chosen based on their internship performance. Currently, she and Rishi stood out with the best performances, marking her as a strong contender for the coveted position.

As the day concluded, Ishika left the office and headed towards the bus stop. Although Rishi had offered to drop her, she refused, not wanting to trouble him. Now, she regretted her decision.

Feeling on the verge of passing out, she acknowledged that fasting wasn't her usual routine, as Siddhant had mentioned. Sacrificing her meals was a challenge she hadn't anticipated. However, inspired by her cousin who was fasting, she decided to give it a try. Despite the challenges, she was determined not to abandon the fast halfway.

Unfazed by the initial honking, Ishika continued walking on the footpath, assuming it wasn't for her. The persistent honks, however, started to irritate her, prompting her to finally turn around. To her surprise, she spotted Siddhant resting his hand on the car door with the window down, honking while looking directly at her.

Confused, she met his gaze, and as their eyes locked, Siddhant turned off the engine and stepped out of the car. He walked towards her with a smile.

"What were you up to?" Ishika inquired.

"What?" He responded, perplexed.

"Ye ayse horn kyu baja rhe the jaise apko jor ki lagi hai or koi apko rasta nhi de raha?" she questioned. (Why were you blowing your horn as if you need to pee badly and no one was giving you way?)

His eyes widened, "Aree, pagal ladki!" he exclaimed, lightly slapping his forehead while placing the other hand on his hips. (Heyy, crazy girl!)

"What?" she pressed. "Sach me lag rahi hai?" (Do you really need to pee?)

"Nahi meri maa! Just get in the car!" he exclaimed, his ears and cheeks turning red with a mix of embarrassment and shyness. 'She's still so straightforward,' he thought. (No my mother!)

"Ah, well. I can catch the bus. You go ahead," she suggested.

"Ah, well. Jab manzil ek hai to safar alag kyu? " he responded in a similar manner. (When the destination is one then why is the journey different?)

Taken aback by his statement, she inquired, "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?"

Rolling his eyes at her exaggeration, or so he thought, he took her hand and gently pulled her toward the car. Opening the passenger door, he ushered her inside and instructed her to fasten the seatbelt. As her mind filled with questions like 'Since when did he start saying such cheesy things? Ye to ayse nahi the!' her face remained adorned with a constant frown.

"What's going on in that little head of yours?" he asked, noticing her frown and pulling her out of her thoughts.

Clearing her throat, she mumbled, "Nothing."

The rest of the ride went silent with Ishika gazing out of the window and Siddhant focusing on driving while taking glacnces at her time to time.

Upon arriving home, Ishika patiently waited for Siddhant to park the car, not wanting to appear ungrateful. As he approached, a subtle smile graced Siddhant's face, his eyes appreciating her petite figure.

"Thanks for the ride," she expressed, tucking away loose strands of hair that danced in the wind.

"You're welcome," he replied with a smile.

As she turned to open the gate, starting her ascent upstairs, Siddhant called out, "Ishika."

She turned around, responding with a question "Han?" (Yes)

"Your office is on my way, so I'll drop you and pick you up from tomorrow," he offered.

"NO!" Ishika's sudden outburst revealed her discomfort at the prospect of spending more time with him. Though not an actual problem, the shared living arrangement already felt awkward. Allowing him to drop her off and pick her up seemed like crossing a boundary.

"No?" he inquired.

"I mean, you don't have to. I can take the bus. I don't want to trouble you," she clarified.

"It's no trouble, and it's safer for you. Why take the bus and endure the bumps?" he questioned, frowning and crossing his arms.

Before she could respond, the gate opened again, and Nitya walked in. Observing the scene, she asked, "What's happening?"

"Nothing!" Ishika swiftly answered. "Come on, let's go. We have to make dinner." With that, she pulled Nitya upstairs, leaving Siddhant downstairs, slightly bewildered.

~~~

Thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment down your thoughts.