Chapter twelve

Happy reading!

~~~

Siddhant's POV

I can't believe I'm actually in a club. Seriously, I'm not really into partying, but here I am, with my coworkers.

They wanted to go out this weekend since work is light. Maybe they're thinking the coming weeks will be crazy busy. So, here we are, enjoying the weekend. Well, at least they're having fun.

I don't know why I agreed to this in the first place. Maybe I was upset with her, but I shouldn't be. Seeing her getting along so well with Rishi and Aryan stirs something inside me. She used to be that comfortable with me too, but I messed it up.

It's ironic how I once told her that only a fool would let her go and not hold onto her. Turns out, I became that fool. But then I remember her saying that if we're meant to be, we'll find our way back to each other in the future. And I think that's what's happening now. In fact, I'm sure of it.

As I sit here, lost in my thoughts, memories of the first time I met Ishika rush back to me. She was just a teenager, but she seemed so confident and mature beyond her years. I remember feeling nervous when we first met, but she was so bold and self-assured. It was like we had known each other for ages. I was completely smitten by her then, and honestly, I still am.

My train of thought was interrupted when the chair beside me was pulled back, and I saw Ms. Patel taking a seat. She glanced at me and gave a small smile, which I returned.

"You're not drinking?" She asked, eyeing my Sprite.

"Yeah, not my thing," I replied, doubting it ever will be.

"And dancing?" She raised her eyebrows, a hint of mischief in her tone.

I chuckled. "Not my forte, to be honest."

She nodded, and we both turned our attention back to our co-workers, who were dancing with wide smiles on their faces.

"It's not often we get this much free time. I heard the company just signed a big deal for a new hotel project. We'll be busy working on the structure and interior until the clients give the green light," she informed me.

"Sounds intriguing," I replied.

She chuckled at my response, and I excused myself to use the restroom.

I splashed some water on my face, trying to shake off the conflicting thoughts swirling in my mind. Ishika's presence, even if she wasn't physically here, seemed to linger in every corner of my thoughts.

As I dried my face, I heard voices coming from the direction of the washroom stalls. Curiosity piqued, I leaned in closer to listen.

"So, how's your date going with that girl?" One of the voices asked eagerly.

"Man, she's something else. Beautiful, smart, and funny. I can't believe my luck," the other voice replied.

My stomach churned as the conversation took a dark turn.

"You know what would make this night even better?" the first voice suggested eagerly.

"What?" the second voice asked, sounding intrigued.

"A little bit of extra fun," the first voice replied with a chuckle.

My heart sank as I heard the second voice boasting, "Oh, I might have already taken care of that. The 'magic' must have already started kicking in."

They were talking about spiking the girl's drink. Anger boiled within me, hot and fierce. How could anyone even consider doing something so despicable?

Ignoring the urge to confront them then and there, I clenched my fists and tried to focus on calming my racing thoughts. But the anger refused to dissipate. It gnawed at me, consuming my rationality until I couldn't bear it any longer.