Chapter seven

Double update!

My internals are starting from tomorrow. So I won't be able to update the following week. Don't forget about me. I'll try to upload some spoilers on Instagram.

Happy reading!

~~~

Ishika's POV

Heading to the bus stop, my heart sank. It's only been three days since he arrived, and today things happened. Things are different now, and he's not the same.

Reflecting on our initial meeting, I initially believed it happened when I joined his sister's tutoring sessions. However, he corrected me, revealing our first encounter occurred in a karate class. Even though I was his senior and taught him some moves, I had no recollection until he mentioned it; then, it all came back to me.

It felt strange, you know. The first time I spotted him at the tuition, he went straight into the house. I quickly informed Siya di that someone had just entered, and she revealed it was her younger brother.

As I continued to see him regularly, I developed a crush on him, which gradually turned into love. For two years, I harbored silent feelings for him, rejecting every other guy or, I should say, never even looked at any other guy.

Out of nowhere on New Year's day, he texted me. For the next ten months, our conversations continued. Then, just two days before Diwali, he suddenly questioned me about my feelings.

Feeling it was time to be brave, I confessed that I did have some feelings, though not exactly defined. And what did he do? He ghosted me.

After fifteen days, he reached out to me while I was on a trip. When I returned, we met, talked, and agreed to start dating. However, once I got home after our meeting, he sent a text.

He said we shouldn't date at the moment, and the reason he gave? He might move out of state for further studies and couldn't handle a long-distance relationship. And that really hurt.

A loud horn snapped me out of my thoughts, and I knew exactly who it was. I kept walking, just about ten steps from the bus stop. But, come on, we all knew he wouldn't stop, right?

When I reached the stop, I turned around and shot him a glare. My ears were already ringing from the incessant honking. Seeing my disapproval, he parked his car on the side and walked over to me.

I cross my arms over my chest as he faces me. "What do you want now?" I ask.

"You," he blurts out. "I mean, I want you to sit in the car so we can go home." He tries to cover it up quickly. I narrow my eyes at him. "For now!"

"No, thanks. I'll take the bus, and I'd really appreciate some space," I snapped, unintentionally sounding harsh.

Right on cue, the bus arrived. Without looking at him, I boarded the bus.

All I could think the whole time was that he must be possessed. Why else would he behave like that? This is totally out of character for him.

This wasn't like him at all. What if he dated someone in the last four years? Back when I was in Raipur two years ago, he had a female friend, which was surprising because he never had female friends before, or at least that's what I heard and saw. It's like he used to avoid girls, but maybe he learned how to charm them now from her.

I couldn't help but frown at the thought of him with her. I guess there are still some feelings there. Oh my god, maybe I should agree to that date with the guy from marketing. Otherwise, Siddhant Joshi will just take over my thoughts.

My mood brightened as I walked home from the bus stop. It was getting dark, almost six in the evening. A cool breeze brushed my cheeks, and some stray baby hairs escaped my ponytail. I lowered my head and joined my hands in front of the Shiv Mandir on the way.

The neighborhood wasn't bustling, but it had a quiet vibe that made it seem empty. As I ventured into the narrow lane leading to our house, I caught sight of his silhouette.

Leaning casually against his car, arms folded protectively around his chest, he stood with a contemplative air. His head hung low, his gaze fixed on his shoes, as if those simple soles held the secrets to the most captivating stories in the world.

Deciding to brush off his presence, I continued walking. As I reached the house and was about to open the gate, I heard him speak.

"You're here," he said, unfolding his arms and walking towards me.

"Hmm," I replied with a nonchalant hum.

"Let's talk!" he exclaims, and I give him a 'I am so done' look.

"Didn't I just ask for some space?" I remind him.

He frowns, "I gave you a whole forty minutes of space!" he says, leaving me dumbfounded. What's wrong with this guy?

"How much more space do you need?" I swear, I'm gonna kill him. I glanced around, searching for some stones. First, he didn't mention we work at the same company. Then, he boldly announced himself as my boyfriend in front of my friends. Then, he claims I've always been his. And now this...

He's really asking for trouble. "What are you doing?" he questions as I glance around. Ignoring him completely, I spot a sizable stone, pick it up, and give him a stern look. His eyes widen in shock.

"Aye, ye kya kar rahi ho?"

"Apko marne ki taiyari!"

"Abe abhi to hamari shaadi bhi nhi hui! Niche rakho usse!"

But, true to form, I throw it at him. He dodges, but it still hits his foot. Yes!

"Ouch!" he hisses.

I smirk at him, hopping on one leg and holding the other that got hit. Dusting off my hands, I approach him.

"Mess with me again, and your head's on the line next time," I warn him.

His deep, captivating eyes hold mine for a moment. Shaking it off, I turn around, about to take a step, when I'm suddenly pulled back and pinned to the car.

He traps me between him and the car, and as he looks at me, everything freezes. I couldn't avert my gaze. He has changed, and everything feels different, while I remain the same.

My heart races as he leans down, tracing my cheeks with his nose. Unknowingly, I clutch his shirt tightly.

"I like how feisty you've become!" he says, his breath fanning my earlobe. "It turns me on." I gasp loudly. This freak. I push him away, and he stumbles back, chuckling.

"You pervert!" I yell. "Stay away from me!" I run away as fast as I can.

That's it. I need to go on a date.

Because that just made my heart pound so loudly, I am afraid he could hear it.

~~~

Thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment down your thoughts. And have a wonderful week.