Chapter fourteen

Um.. next update after 100 votes on this chapter...

Happy reading!

~~~

Ishika's POV

"I'm gonna die!"

My head feels like it's about to burst. I can't even open my eyes. Have I already passed away?

Oh my goodness! I didn't even get to tell Jeet that I-

"Ishi!" Someone's shaking me.

"Ishi, wake up!"

Nitya? Am I still alive?

My lips let out a groan as I attempted to open my eyes. The brightness forces me to shut them again immediately. Slowly adjusting, I look up to find Nitya's worried gaze fixed on me.

"Are you alright? You seemed troubled in your sleep," she inquires.

"I thought I was done for."

"Well, you might have been if Siddhant hadn't come to the rescue," she says.

"What on earth are you talking about, Nitya?" Irritation creeps into my voice.

"And could you please dim the lights? My head feels like it's about to explode." I clutch my head in my hands, the brightness intensifying the pain.

"You don't remember?" Nitya's voice is gentle as she settles beside me, her hand soothingly caressing my head.

"Remember what?" I inquire, confusion swirling in my mind.

"You went on a date yesterday."

And suddenly, those words ignite something within me. I scramble to the washroom, clutching my mouth as a wave of nausea overwhelms me.

As I threw up, memories flooded my mind like a movie reel. Everything was a blur yet oddly clear. I could sense Nitya holding my hair back, comforting me with gentle pats on the back.

After emptying my stomach, I collapsed onto the floor, drained of all energy.

Nitya assists me in getting up and guides me to the sink. Asking her to step out of the washroom, I hurriedly brush my teeth. As I splashed cold water on my face, the sensation grounded me, and one thing became crystal clear.

I was drugged. That jerk spiked my drink.

And Jeet saved me.

I bolt out of the washroom, ignoring the throbbing in my head and Nitya's calls. Sprinting downstairs, I start banging on Jeet's door urgently.

After what feels like an eternity, he finally opens the door. His initial irritation gives way to blankness as his eyes land on me. He stares at me, seemingly at a loss for words, and I, not knowing what else to do, push past him and enter.

Sinking into his couch, I once again bury my head in my hands. I'm so close to banging my head against the coffee table.

After a minute or so, Jeet enters the room. I can sense his gaze on me, but I don't dare to lift my head. As he moves about, I remain seated, still clutching my head.

Moments later, he returns and places a glass on the table. I lift my head to look at him.

"Drink up," he says.

Without hesitation, I gulp down the glass of lemon water.

Once I finish, I notice him sitting on the bean bag, his gaze fixed on me.

I swallow nervously, unable to find the right words. Though he may not show it on his face, I can feel the intensity of his anger simmering beneath the surface.

Summoning all my courage, I speak up. "It's all a blur."

He continues to stare at me in silence.

"I can't remember anything that happened after you took me out of the club," I confess.

Still, he says nothing, his gaze unwaveringly fixed on me.

"Can you stop staring and say something," I snap, growing uncomfortable with his unnervingly calm demeanor.

He looks away, taking a deep breath.

"Leave," he mutters, his words barely audible in the silence.

"What?" I ask, confusion creeping into my voice.

"I said, leave," he repeats, his tone firmer this time.

"I heard you the first time," I retort defiantly.

"Then leave, Ishika," he insists.

"No," I stubbornly refuse.

"Don't test my patience, Ishika. Just leave," he warns, his frustration evident.

"No," I repeat firmly.

"What the hell do you want then?" he explodes, anger flashing in his eyes.

I flinch at his outburst. "Tell me what exactly happened!" I demand, trying to steady my racing heart.

"You really are dense, aren't you?" he mocks, his words cutting deep.

I try to respond, but the words elude me.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"I was drugged," I mutter in a whisper.

And he bursts out.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened to you had I not heard his conversation with his friend in the restroom?" He yells. "Do you have any idea what I went through when I saw you in that state? You don't, right? How would you? You have always been so inconsiderate," he continues, his voice filled with anger. "How can you just go on a date with just any guy without even knowing his name? He was planning to take advantage of you along with his friend for god's sake," he screams at me, his words making me flinch.

Tears sting my eyes as he continues yelling. "What if I hadn't decided to help the supposed girl, Ishika? Do you have any idea what would have happened to you? How can you be so careless? How come you didn't see him spiking your drink?"

But he was right. How can I be so careless?

He takes a few steps towards me while I remain frozen in place, my hands clenched tightly at my sides as I fight to hold back the tears.

"Was this even your first time? Going out on a date with a guy you didn't know the name of?" he questions, surprisingly calm. I stare at him, confusion swirling within me.

"Ya tum pichle do saalo se aisa hi kar rahi ho?"
(Or have you been doing this for the past two years, huh?)

His words hit me like a ton of bricks, and the tears I've been holding back finally spill over. Something inside me shatters at his accusation.

His eyes widen in realization of what he's said. He moves towards me in panic, but before he can reach me, I turn and run. I ignore his calls as I sprint back upstairs and lock myself inside my room. Collapsing onto the bed, I let out a gut-wrenching sob.

How could he think so lowly of me? I know his anger can be intense, and he may not mean what he says in the heat of the moment, but how could he say something so harsh? So disgusting? The words echo in my mind, tormenting me as I struggle to make sense of it all.

~~~

Isn't he being a jerk over nothing? I mean of course Ishika was careless but...
What do you think Ishika would do?

~~~

Thank you for reading!

Please vote and comment down your thoughts.