Chapter 8

VOTE TARGET: 20
COMMENT TARGET: 10

I HAVE A CHAPTER READY IN MY DRAFTS BUT THE UPDATE WILL COME ONLY IF YOU COMPLETE THE TARGETS.

TARGET COMPLETION
=
NEW UPDATE

______________________________________

ISHITA'S POV:

The only thing I hated about family dinners is people poking their nose in others matters. But, Abhimanyu's family isn't like that. They are very welcoming and kind. Having dinner with them is always really fun.

In my house, I either become the centre of the convo and get into fights at the dining table or eat alone.

I didn't like either of the options because I wanted to sit with the people I love and who love me back and talk about things that make us happy.

But, I am Ishita. I can never be happy. If I am happy, the earth will crack into two pieces and vanish into the space, never to be found again.

But, right now, I was sitting at the dining table with his family, and having dinner and laughing at their silly fights while Aunty and Uncle were giving me 'these people aren't my kids' look.

This is why I didn't want to come here. I didn't want to feel bad about my life where I have everything i ever wanted but, on the same time, nothing.

The dinner was over and here I am, in their garden looking at the bright stars and smiling thinking of the dinner and the jokes. Marrying into this family doesn't seem bad, marrying him doesn't feel bad as well but, the words he said yesterday are haunting me.

"Did I just see, Ms. Grumpy, smiling?" This man has his way to ruin things.

"Your eyes must be playing some trick on you." I said to him, in the same tone.

"I am sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean a word. I love you enough to wait for you till my dying day if it means that one day you will find your way to me." He's doing it again. He's making me forgive with his honey dripping words and I am falling for it. I don't want to but I am.

I didn't say anything and just smiled a little and nodded.

"There's another reason why you didn't want to come to this dinner right?"

I looked at him and he was looking at me. He can see right through me. Why? People say I am a grumpy lady whom no one can read. Then how does he know everything without me even saying it?

"I noticed the small sad smile on your face while looking at my family. It was there for just a second until my stupid brother cracked a joke and your smile became a fully blown one. I can't get that sad smile out of my mind. Why?" That's right. Of course. He notices everything.

"You can't resist noticing me, can you?" I joked, trying to divert the matter and test if he can really read me.

"My eyes, my mind, my soul, my life, everything is dedicated to you, angel." He said as he took a step closer to me. I didn't move from my place as I stayed rooted due to his words. "Which is why I noticed everything, even when you are trying to divert the topic." Shit! I really hoped he wouldn't.

He looked at me with a 'go-on' look. I didn't have any reason to lie to him so I told him. I told him the truth.

"You have a beautiful family. Something I never had. In my entire life, I never just sat with my family and had a peaceful dinner. I always get into fights with them or eat alone. I didn't want to come to the dinner because I didn't want to feel bad about my life." I looked at him and confessed.

"You know, my family thinks of you as a part of it. So it's your family too. Even if we get married or not. You are always welcomed here."

"I am an illegitimate child, abhi. So, I won't get any properties. I am always unwanted-"

"I want you. Only you. So goddamn much. I don't love you for your money, I love you for a reason I don't know. When we truly love someone, it's hard to tell the reason because we love everything about them and can't choose. That's how I feel about you. Even when you were a vulnerable child or a strong woman. I can assure you this for the rest of my life and never get tired. I am ready to wait for you." I don't want him to. Because every word he says is just making him come closer and closer to my heart and in a while he will be able to open it. I know that.

He came closer, and took my hand in his and looked at me, "I know you have trusted too many people and everyone let you down, but I don't want to be everyone. I want to be your someone special. I want to be the one who makes you feel special. We are meant to be. So, trust me. Once. Just one chance. If I break your heart, I will rip open mine." I believed him. Oh fuckk....how I believed him.

I was ready to trust someone again. I know I shouldn't. I know the odds of this ending up in the wrong way where I can never open my heart again is very high. The stakes were very high. But I wanted to listen to my heart which lied to me every step of my life but right now, even my mind could sense the truth in his eyes.

"Ok. One chance." That's all that I said. He hugged me so tightly, like I would vanish if he lets me go. I hugged him back. He felt so warm.

"Bhai, Bhabhi, come in. Continue your fuzzy romance later." Ayaan shouted from the door and went inside. Hearing him we quickly let go of each other.

Seeing him go inside, he pulled me towards him and pressed a kiss on my forehead. It felt so nice.

We went inside and saw that the dessert was ready. It was my favourite rasmalai and jalebi made by aunty. It's like the best thing in the world.

"Aunty, you made that for me? I am so touched by your hospitality." I said, wiping my fake tears. Near her I become a literal kid.

"Shut up, kid. And call me 'maa'. Ye aunty kyu bula Rahi ho? Mai utna old nahi hu."

"Haa..maa aap toh super young lag rahe ho." I said giving her a wink. "Kaash mei ladka hota. Aapse shaadi kar leti ti."

Then uncle stepped in and gave me a playful slap on my shoulder,"Tumko pataane keliye meri biwi hi mili? Beti kya baap ko aise dokha de sakti hai?" He's such a drama queen. He wiped fake tears just like me.

"Maa mujhe Roz batati he ki aap une daanthe ho. Isliye mei unhe mere sath lekhar jaahungi" I said and winked at mom who was looking flustered because the direction of the convo changed.

I was about to talk something else when I heard, "aap Hindi bhi bolti hai?" It was abhi whispering in my ear.

"Aapse Bina bataye bohot cheeze karti hu." I whispered to him too and winked at him.

"Hmm...do you love me without telling me too?"

I was rooted.

Do I love him without realising?

________________________

HEY GUYS!

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?

I KNOW I WAS LATE IN UPDATING BUT MANAGING A DARK ROMANCE AND A LOVE STORY IS KINDA HARD.

I HAVE EXAMS FROM 7TH FEB SO THE UPDATES MIGHT COME LATER THAN USUAL BUT I WILL MAKE SURE I UPDATE.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT.