2 ➟ Listing

Taehyun typed away intently on the monitor in front of him, eyes unblinking and bloodshot

Their next mission would be infiltrating a museum that would soon be importing an extremely expensive item, so the first step would be hacking into and deactivating the security system, which was the hacker's typical activities when it came to group missions.

Although it was financially benefitting for the team, the members were worried about the extra time he spent at the screen, breaking down firewalls and collecting illegal information.

Beomgyu had Yerin, Kai didn't need anything more than Rina, and Yeonjun and Soobin were dating outside of their team.

Taehyun had tried playing the field, but the whole mafia job was usually a dealbreaker in the love scene.

Ever since he had gotten over his crush on Yerin, he had realised his undiscovered need for love in his life. He would never say it out loud, though.

Beomgyu treaded into the room quietly, watching the screen with an almost hypnotised type of interest. Taehyun didn't notice him enter, too invested in his own activities.

Noticing how focused Taehyun seemed, Beomgyu simply pulled up a chair and sat beside him, keeping his stare on the monitor.

Taehyun saw him seat himself out the corner of his peripheral vision and sighed softly, already recognising this type of energy of his. It was usually felt by those around him when he wanted to talk about something.

"Hey, Taehyun."

"Beomgyu."

Under other circumstances, or just with other people, Taehyun would be at least a little bit irritated by someone disrupting his work, and everyone knew about this specific exception.

"Did Soobin hyung send you?"

Beomgyu's eyes widened a little, his lips pouting as with his eyes wandering away from the screen, suddenly finding the ceiling particularly interesting.

"Of course not... Can't I just hang out with my best friend?"

Taehyun chuckled softly, removing his hands from the keyboard and turning his head slightly to look at Beomgyu. He had a small smile playing on his lips, naturally infecting Taehyun with the same symptom.

"What do you want?"

Taehyun asked gently, his ghost of a smile not leaving his face. Beomgyu was glad to see his lack of irritation and shifted his seat a little closer unconsciously.

"You've just been.. quieter lately. I might not be able to help, but I just want to know what's bothering you."

Taehyun nodded and looked down, having his assumptions about Beomgyu's reasons behind his visit confirmed.

Although he was never the type to easily open up about his emotions to someone, Beomgyu had been the only exception for as long as he could remember. There was never a single secret kept between the two of them, not even Taehyun's past crush on Yerin excluded.