5 ➟ Hood

"Where are they?"

"Where are they?"

The single fact Jieun needed to successfully carry out her mission, and she was practically shaking from the anticipation; practically in the sense that she had to try and keep her composure so as to avoid suspicion.

Yeonjun shook his head, his brows creasing in sympathy.

"As much as I wish I could tell you, we all agreed it was for the better that we didn't know where they went. Just in case enemies tried to get information, you know?"

As disappointed as Jieun was, little to no signs of disheartedness was shown on her face; favours of her low emotional expressivity. She simply nodded as a response, already trying to think of other ways in which she could try and find Enhypen.

"But.. I mean, if it's just you, we do have a great tracking system at our base that you might be able to use. It's really only Taehyun who knows the most about it, but I think it'll be able to help you find Jake."

Jieun's focus sharpened greatly when she heard that. She hadn't developed her technological skills far enough to create a professional tracking system, mostly using recklessly handled social footprint and threatening witnesses to find her targets.

Maybe she'd be able to plagiarise the software TXT used to create the system and use it for herself in the future.

"Really?"

Yeonjun nodded, a small smile growing on his face from the noticeable increase in excitement.

"We'd be more than happy to help you find your brother. We'd better just wait for Taehyun to get back so we can find out if it's even possible."

"How long will he take?"

"Just about until Kai get's back, so at most half-an-hour."

Half an hour in a van full of people Jieun didn't know or trust, sounded little more than tolerable, but her determination to get ahold of Taehyun's tracking system overruled the inevitable discomfort she would gain from her struggles.

Breathing a deep sigh and leaning her head back against the wall of the inside of the van behind her, Jieun closed her eyes, focusing on the retreating pain in her head.

Yeonjun shifted his body beside her, leaning against the van wall in a similar manner and crossing his leags in front of him.

"Why would you choose a security job? Was the pay that good?"

Jieun shrugged, not completely sure herself. It must have been the mere fact that she had gone through all the effort to get the listing from someone who had the audacity to interrupt her evaluation process.

"Thought there would be less people to talk to at night."

Yeonjun found this funny, chuckling softly to himself for a few moments.