4 ➟ Sister

The absence of feeling in Jieun's body slipped away slowly, bringing her senses back one by one

The first physical symptom of presence she could feel was a dull, numbing pain in her head that threatened to get worse if she moved around too much. She forced her eyes open, completely unknowing of where she was.

Hushed whispers surrounded Jieun, her mind too hazy to interpret any of it as only words without physical meaning entered her ears.

"Enhypen... guard... sister... call... Jake..."

However, she put a little more effort into awakening when she heard the familiar name, realising that she hadn't heard it in so long.

A pained groan left her lips as she pushed anergy into her arms in an attempt to push her body up from its laying position, uncaring of the almost immense pain it brought to her head.

"She's waking up."

The sudden clarity in the voice brought it to Jieun's attention that she was around people she didn't know, instantaneously sending a fight or flight alarm blaring in her head. Looking around, she could see three vague silhouettes around her.

After seeing Jieun struggle to sit up, the man closest to her adjusted her body so that she could rest her back against a wall-like surface behind her. She looked at said man, the dark environment shadowing his orange-ish hair and making it appear browner than it obviously was.

The other two people had their heads close together, and it took Jieun a short while to notice that the taller one had a phone to his ear, with the woman beside him listening closely. The two were seated on the ground, not unlike the way Jieun was sitting.

A quick visual analysis of the space around her revealed that she was in a van of some kind, the floor cold and against her body and metallic doors visible on the far end of the room.

Looking back to the man crouched beside her, she saw an analytical expression masking his face, naturally conjuring up a defensive attitude in herself as she unconsciously tried to shift away from him.

"Who the hell are you?"

Jieun asked the man icily, having no reason to trust him whatsoever. His expression didn't change, if anything growing more thoughtful with her words.

"I could ask you the same thing."

The man replied, and Jieun saw him grab a familiar object from a few feet away from her, and her eyes widened slightly.

He brought the taser in front of her, and she quickly grabbed it from his loose grip. He simply retracted his hand and continued to look at her curiously.

"The crest... you're from the Shim family, right?"

Jieun slowly lifted her gaze to the man, her eyes a little narrowed as she realised that she hadn't taken it from him fast enough.