3 ➟ Guard

The few hours Jieun spent in front of the museum continuing to try and make progress on TXT's whereabouts were in vain, and she closed her laptop with a dismal sigh as she looked at the security guard on duty return to the main entrance, appearing...

The few hours Jieun spent in front of the museum continuing to try and make progress on TXT's whereabouts were in vain, and she closed her laptop with a dismal sigh as she looked at the security guard on duty return to the main entrance, appearing to be anticipating the arrival of someone.

Jieun placed her laptop in the passenger seat and stared contemplatingly at the taser that lay hopefully on the dashboard. It had her family crest branded onto it; something she never understood the reason behind, or cared to understand in the least.

Her supervisor said that she would only get a baton, and maybe a gun prop, but nothing that could really help her do any damage if she needed to.

She couldn't care less about guarding the new item, but she wasn't about to get assaulted in front of a museum in the middle of the night.

Jieun shoved the small weapon into the back pocket of her pants and got out of her car.

=

When the guard stopped at the entrance, he took out his phone and appeared to look around. It was pretty obvious that he was waiting for somebody's arrival, probably the next guard.

Taehyun turned around the corner with light steps, keeping a good distance away from the current guard to wait for the next one to arrive. They were always the most vulnerable when they just started.

Leaning against the wall, Taehyun's eyes darted all around, searching for any sign of someone approaching the guard.

It wasn't long before he saw someone enter his vision, the person's frame reaching his eyes a little confusably.

They looked a little shorter than expected, with a different body shape than most people who qualified for security jobs. It looked almost as if it was a woman.

For just a moment, Taehyun's mind flashed back to when he tried to get the listing flyer two weeks earlier. Hadn't he met her in person, Taehyun would have completely dismissed the idea that the girl that took it from him actually got the job.

Curiosity piqued, Taehyun watched the girl approach the guard with a similar confidence to that of the girl that he had seen before, squinting his eyes a little to try and see her face. Unfortunately, he dark environment and distance worked against him, allowing him nothing more than a slightly blurred view of her dark outfit and hair.

Even the guard looked surprised, Taehyun noted with a light chuckle. It was amusing to see the girl have to pull out her ID to prove to the guard that she was meant to replace his post, even still resulting in him giving her a few more checking scans before he finally handed over the security keys and walked off with a muttered greeting.

He watched her adjust her belt and throw glances around herself. The turning of her head allowed him to finally confirm that she was, in fact, the girl he had had the strange encounter with.