chapter fourty one

"𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕀 𝕕𝕚𝕕, 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕤𝕠 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖.."

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
*not edited*

months later

I had resigned from my job moved across the country with him a month after he showed up at my door, and it's been going strongly ever since. I lived with him for a month before he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes immediately. I thought I brightened up the apartment a lot more with my furniture and decorations.

The slight scent of his pine perfume calmed me down. It always did. As I rest my chin on his collarbone, I feel his chest rise and fall. Soon sleep consumes me, and I didn't fight it.

———

I wake up to the sound of crackling. I didn't smell bacon so I assume chef Quinn is in the kitchen right now. Feeling relaxed, I turn my head to see the beautiful view from the bedroom that we have.

My hands raise above my head and I stretch my upper muscles out. Post sleep stretches hit different for some reason.

I slip on some slippers, and I walk out of the room in an oversized t-shirt and some shorts.

Quinn was shirtless in the kitchen, dough all over his face, I giggle as he comes into my view.

"What are you cooking Quinnifer?" I ask him as I step up to the island and sit on a stool.

He looks up and his attention turns to me. "Quinnifer? That's new," he pauses for a second, "Pancakes."

"Well it smells very good." I bend over the counter and plant a kiss on his scruffy cheek.

"I just need to cook a few and then we can eat!" He gets an oak out of the drawer and pours some batter in the bowl.

I get plates and cutlery, and he finishes the pancakes minutes later.

He sits next to me on the island, and we eat our breakfast talking about our plans for the day. Quinn had an hour long practice, and I had nothing in my calendar.

"It's going to be so boring without you." I tell him.

"Have you seen Kayde and Eva lately? Maybe you can visit them." He gives me ideas.

"Good idea, thanks Q." I turn his chair and I peck his lips. "Thanks for breakfast, it was amazing." I shout in the hallway. I go back to our bedroom to get dressed for the day. To feel refreshed.

I slide a towel around me and go into the shower. I sing what I have always sung in the shower: High School Musical, and Taylor Swift.

The door swings open and Quinn comes in to brush his teeth. I abruptly stop what I was doing to listen.

" Ugh, I wish I could join you babe.." He complains, and it was hard to comprehend what he was saying through the glass door.

"We will have enough time to hang out after your practice, don't worry." I chuckle. I see him smile through the clear but foggy barrier.

"I'll be back around three. Prepare for a movie night in." He announces.

His idea puts a grin on my face. "Sounds good, I'll see you then Q." I say, and he walks out.

———

My plan was to go and see Eva and Kayde, but they went up north to visit some of Eva's family, so obviously I couldn't go.

I had already looked at jobs, I handed in my resumes and cover letters yesterday afternoon so I was waiting for an interview.

I ended up watching TikTok on my phone, then falling back asleep on the couch. I didn't know I would be asleep for hours because the next thing I know, my shoulder was being poked endlessly, and I was about to start a fight with whoever woke me up.

I was met with his soft blue-brown eyes, looking down admirably at me. Instead of being mad, I find myself opening my arms for him to join me on the couch. He flops down beside me after I make more room for him.

"Hi." I whisper to him.

"Hey," he looks up at me again, "I thought you were going to go and see Eva."

"I was planning on it, but they're up north." I shrug my shoulders.

"More time for cuddles." He smiles like a kid getting candy.

"You are unbelievably cute right now, I wish I could squeeze you so hard." I giggle.

"I'm cute and tired." He emphasizes.

"Why don't we just lay here for a while, and then we can start watching whatever you want." I plot.

He doesn't even answer, but his breathing levelled out and when I looked at his facce, he was fast asleep.

His hair was visibly damp, and it smelled like his apple shampoo that he always used after hockey.
He rested his head on my chest.

When I really think about it, it's something I always dreamed about when I was back in Ontario. It's something that always circled around in my brain when I thought about him. It would always make me sad, but it would warm my heart at the same time. There was nothing that I could do about it at the time, so all I could do was dream.

Having him in my arms brought me great comfort, and I wanted to soak this moment into my memory for life. I stroke his head with my fingers, feeling his hair and massaging his head while he was sleeping.

He stirs, shifting his position to sleep on his stomach, still using my chest as his personal pillow. I giggle at the sight.

I don't know why, but today I am just so tired. I got a good sleep last night but I just feel like closing my eyes every time I'm lying down on a couch or bed. My eyes struggle to stay open.

I don't fight the urge, falling asleep in the comfort of Quinn Hughes is something I was waiting for to happen.

"I love you so much Quinn." I whisper in his ear before darkness overtakes me, a smile on my face.
—————————————————————————-
A/N

I am so sorry for not posting, second semester has been super busy lol.

I think I'm going to leave the story off here, I'm going through writers block right now. (Epilogue may or may not come idk)

Butt, I am writing an NHL imagine/one shot book where you guys can request your favourite player and the scenario that you want with them!!!!

I've gotten super hooked on these so I thought why not write one 🙏🏼😍

Thanks for everyone's support with this book, it really means so much to me!!!!

-e