🎟️❤️Shuribox

nyyooom

__________

Shuriken was new to the whole phighting thing. Battles, intermissions, more battles, he was amazed by the idea of battling with others. His sister, not so much. Ever since her.. curse.. she didn't want anyone else to get harmed. She'd lecture Shuriken every time he got even the tiniest scratch. Shuriken was not a fan of her 'yapping'.

"For the last time, Vine, I'm 21. I can handle myself." He growled at his sister.

"I'm sick of your antics! You might just- just- just face plant onto the floor if your grapple doesn't work properly!" She waved her arms through the air, fancy intimidation tactic that always failed to work on her brother.

"Tsk." He simply just walked out the room and shut the door.

Nobody was going to stop him from attending his first phighting match! He grabbed his gear and stormed off to Zuka's truck.

"Off to a phighting match?" Zuka glanced at him.

"Yup! My first one, too!" His eyes were glowing with excitement.

"Be careful out there, kid." He helped Shuriken into the truck and drove him off to the phighters lobby.

There, all sorts of phighters either talked or trained during the intermission. He didn't know anyone else besides Slingshot and Katana. He decided to grapple around one of the structures in the mean time, to prepare himself.

While doing so, one of his throws just nearly missed one of the metal bars, and he came crashing down, landing onto another phighter: Boombox.

"Agh...." Boombox groaned as he pushed Shuriken off of him gently. "Be careful, dude.." He rubbed his head.

Shuriken sat up and shook himself. "I'm so sorry!-" he was cut off "Its fine. First time here, correct?" Boombox glanced at him.

".. yeah.. how'd you know?" Shuriken was a bit surprised.

"Pretty easy to tell. The name's Boombox, by the way. Nice to meet ya." He put his hand out, waiting for a handshake. Two two did the said handshake.

"Shuriken." Shuriken was beaming with happiness at his new encounter.

"Interesting name. You can stay here with me and Skateboard if you wanna." Boombox sat next to his boombox. Skateboard was being the mosquito he always is, literally flying around. Shuriken watched, he flinched when the sudden music started playing from the boombox.

"HELL YEAH!" Skateboard yelled as he did a tripple whatever trick.

Shuriken instincually sat next to Boombox, who seemed rather surprised.

"Friends?" Boombox gazed at Shuriken. "Friends." Shuri replied.

The two spent some time playing music at random. Skateboard fell at one point, face planting into the grass. Shuri and Boombox laughed their asses off.

You might be wondering.. why is the intermission so long?

Well.. The Flipside crew is trying to calm down a heated argument between Medkit, Subspace and Banhammer. The other phighters watched the drama unfold.

Subspace almost punched Valk, to which Dom got pretty mad..

So the phighting match was pretty much delayed for two hours. During which, Shuriken and Boombox chatted, relaxed and bonded with eachother.

Slingshot offered to take them, including Skateboard, to his cafe for a free drink. Ofcourse they agreed.

They had a fun time for the rest of the day.

_____

kablooey