3

Maggie and Nina had died years ago. It had come as a surprise to Crowley. He'd forgotten how short humans lived. It made him sad. He hoped they were in a better place than heaven or hell, and he wished they were happy in the afterlife, at peace. The evening of February 14th, Crowley awoke late and made his way to the local florists shop in central London. The streets were bustling with evening activity and even more stuffy due to the Valentine's rush of it all.

The demon snapped his fingers, annoyed at the tourists on their first dates, paying attention to the partner in their arms and nothing else. "Learn how to use a sidewalk" He hissed sassily and, due to his enchantment, they obliged. When inside the shop, Crowley felt overwhelmed. What did he have to get for Nina and Maggie? He planned to switch the bouquets he'd placed by their graves last month, and have a bit of a chat like in old times. 

Even if they couldn't respond, Crowley still felt their eternal presence as if they'd never left him. Plus he'd hate for the flowers to be withered over the resting place of those he loved. "Hi! Mister! Love your hair, what dye do you use?" Crowley cleared his throat and looked down at the teenage girl dressed in a gardening apron. She had braces, a few piercings and blue hair half shaved. "Uh.." The demon shrugged, the girl talked swiftly. "Oh, does your boyfriend or girlfriend do it? That's why you're here right? Getting flowers for a lucky somebody?"

 Crowley answered bluntly "special? I mean yeah, they're both dead though." The girl looked unfazed. Crowley took it. She was a class A chatterbox, loving to ask questions. He took a liking to that curious quality about her. He coughed "Now it's my turn to talk," The girl picked at her polished nails eager to answer. "First, how much are these?" 

The girl tapped her chin "Free since you've been patient with my babbling." Crowley smiled for the first time he had in a while, holding up the red and black roses and smelling them. "Thank you. Also, what do you call those piercings below your lips?" A customer rang the bell at the front desk and the girl rushed away answering Crowley's question with a short yell as she bolted away. "Snake bites!" 

The demon grinned, searching up the closest tattoo parlor on his phone. He humored the irony of the name and wanted to get it done just for the joke. He then remembered his original mission and gripped the flowers tightly. After quite a long drive, he made it to the graveyard and opened the gate softly. He held the flowers close to his chest and made his way to the grounds where his friends had been buried. He lies in the middle of both their graves after 

placing flowers against the headstones. Crowley burned the old flowers that had been blown into dust.

"Hello. I hope you can hear me." The demon nervously twisted a stem in his hand, "It's been rough on my own." He looked up at the stars again and wasn't angry anymore like the night before. "I miss you, I miss how things were." Silence followed for a long while. "I'm hungover. I forgot to sober up last night and now my head feels like a gold mine being drilled." Crowley's nerves calmed as the night grew colder. He sat in the dark the entire night until sunrise.