5

The waves were crashing somewhere deep in the pacific, Aziraphale watched them meticulously as he paced the halls of his office main floor. Baxter looked at the earth bobbing in the center of the room and scratched his chin. "You alright Aziraphale?" The angel stopped and glared at the man before him. "Call me Mr. Fell." He stated dryly. Baxter straightened his tie and nodded shyly "My deepest apologies sir- uh- Mr. Fell.." Aziraphale sighed, still clearly frustrated. About to speak, but Baxter interrupted,

"You have mail. From earth.. From Master Anthony J. Crowley."

Aziraphales heart stopped and stuttered again.

"When did it come in?" He snatched the paper from Baxter's nervous hands.

"This morning. I believe."

The angel shoved the envelope into his pocket and walked away.

Dark emerald ink cluttered a green envelope. In Crowley's unfamiliar scrawl 'Angel' decorated the parchment's exterior. There was no seal, only the manual kind. Aziraphale imagined his demon dragging his tongue along its edges. He put his thumbnail underneath and it opened. Pulling the paper out the angel's chest grew. He was full of overcoming emotion but pushed on nonetheless.

Aziraphale,

If you're reading this, you are a bastard. You have no right to call me nosey in any way as long as you're absent. As well as being pretty, my eyes were there for you. I was there, waiting for our ineffable future, but you threw that all away for some job title. You may be scared of intimacy itself, but you can't hide under the ruse of the greater good anymore. If heaven scares you and it feels off putting, why stay? Why ever return in the first place? I did kiss you, angel. I desperately tried to show you what you were losing, but you ignored it.

I'm still not happy, of course. Earth has gotten worse since you left, with everyone on their phones. Consumerism is at its peak. Global warming... You know, anyway. You obviously meant for me to see your letter one day, but if you're not coming down, I'm coming up. Don't get me started on all those horny passages nearing the end of your message, angel. I'm still angry. But the feeling of lust is very mutual. Now it was unexpected coming from such an innocent voice, but even more frustrating hearing it in my head.

Get in trouble and see what happens. I'm doing it. See you soon, Azi.

Expect company.

I love you too.

Crowley