7

Since Valentine's Day, Crowley has become friends with the florist's daughter, Bailey. The demon would often lounge around the shop's big bay windows and had even started tutoring the sixteen-year-old. Crowley drew a house on his sheet of paper and slid it across the table. "Kay, so this is la maison d'ȇtre."  The girl looked out the window, and with a snap, Crowley closed the drapes. Crowley began drawing stick figures doing certain things and cleared his throat. "This is what your test is on? Yeah?" Bailey nodded. "So what do you remember from class?" Crowley sat patiently. The girl toyed with a pencil, and Crowley raised his index finger, making it roll to him.

"How'd you even do that?" Crowley bit his tongue and uncrossed his legs.

"Is your mom here?" He asked, becoming a little impatient but careful not to seem mean. Bailey nodded and got up to grab her, but Crowley waved a hand to push her into her chair. "Think about what you remember; I'll be back." Crowley made his way into the back room, where a woman in flowy green pants and a brown top sat watching TV and sipped some wine. "Y'mind?" Crowley motioned to an empty glass. The woman looked and nodded.

"Is she not listening?" Crowley removed his sunglasses and clicked his tongue as he poured a hefty glass. "She's listening. She's just not interested." She bit her lip and looked at Crowley. "Sorry," the demon smirked. "Thank you, Ev., for the wine." Crowley clinked their glasses and left. Sat at the table Baily sketched a flower. "Alcoholic," she muttered, and the demon snickered. Crowley took a large sip and swished it around. "Tomber," said Bailey, "that's what I remember." Crowley set his glass down and scribbled the name of the assigned stick person. The girl took the glass in her hand and took a small sip. Crowley eyed her and snatched it back. "Oi!" Bailey meekly continued her sheets. "Right, so there is an entire list of other verbs; for example, what is Evelyn doing in the back?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Chilling, I guess." Crowley bounced his leg under the table and said, "Mmm, good guess, but no. What do you do when you're tired?" Bailey groaned in frustration. "Sleep." Crowley could feel her anger and tried not to let it get the best of him. "Not quite." Bailey stood and yelled, "Fucks sake, Crowley!" Under the table, Crowley flexed his fist in and out. "You're so close to the answer, darling, please calm down." He barely managed to say anything without getting mad and yelling back at her.

"Resting?" She sighed, and Crowley checked something off the table. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" Bailey sat back down and began sketching, avoiding Crowley's gaze. "Ay," he said, tossing an eraser her way. "I'm proud of you, kid."

After a glass or three of alcohol, Crowley taught Bailey the entire verb tense. She was now well prepared for her test the next morning.