8

Rain pooled into the elevator when the doors opened. The Soho street flooded with icy water, and Aziraphale squealed in delight, stepping into the storm willfully. Kelly took cover under an awning. "Are you insane?" She yelled, and Aziraphale kicked a puddle at her, making her scream. "Come on, it's fun!" Said the angel. Kelly took down her hair and beckoned Aziraphale towards the awning; he gullibly followed, and with a wave of a hand, all the buildup from the roof fell onto the man. Kelly stood in the center of the street and said, "Come on, it's fun!" She mocked. Aziraphale began walking towards the corner in awe, where his bookshop sat. Kelly ran after him and smiled, absolutely soaked. "So this is the shop you've been blabbering about for the past millennia." Using a quick miracle, Aziraphale unlocked it and entered excitedly. The two angels were met by a woman with short, dark curls. "Mr. Phale?" She held a bat but dropped it with haste. "Muriel." He mused, and Kelly shook her hand. "Kelly." She added kindly. "What's with the bat?" Azirphale began to walk around, pouting at everything he'd left behind. Muriel chatted with Kelly.

Sitting together in the kitchenette, Muriel talked about her life and her new friends. That's when Crowley was mentioned. "Oh, Crowley visits me every Friday, but most days he spends his time alone or with Evelyn and Bailey." Kelly nudged Aziraphale under the table and made a 'holy shit' face. Aziraphale looked neutral, but inside he was freaking out. "Is that his, uh, girlfriend?" Muriel laughed cutely. "Bailey?" Aziraphale nodded. "Oh no, Bailey is sixteen." Kelly made a face, and the Archangel pressed on, "What on earth is he doing with a sixteen-year-old girl?" Muriel tapped the table. "Tutoring her in French and math, I believe." Aziraphale looked at Kelly, surprised, and continued pestering. "Who is Evelyn?"

"Baileys Mom." Kelly sighed at that response. "You think they are shagging?" Muriel raised a brow at Kelly's question. "No, Evelyn is a lesbian. And Crowley is well, Crowley." Silence followed. "Do you mind if we stay here?" Muriel tilted her head and said, "Of course, I mean, it's your shop after all."

Kelly lifted her shirt over her head and grabbed another more casual one off Aziraphale's bed. Aziraphale simply sat on the edge of his seat in thought. As his assistant kicked off her pants and shimmied on sleep shorts, Aziraphale pressed his lips in a hard line. "Tomorrow is Friday." Kelly sat next to her friend and corrected, "I mean, technically, today is. It's midnight."

"What's going to happen when I see him?" Kelly cringed. "I don't know; hopefully he forgives you and you guys have good make-up sex." Aziraphale is slightly shaken from his bad mood by that. "Make up sex?" Kelly places a pillow in her lap and sits on her hands. "Yeah, couples deal with that when they have fights. It's usually even better because your body is filled with remorse and it's passionate." Aziraphale blushed, his head filling with thoughts of Crowley. "Isn't remorse a bad feeling?" Kelly giggled. "Well, does what you're thinking about feel bad?" Aziraphale lay down and looked away dismissively. Kelly turned over and shut off the lamp on the bedside. "Goodnight." Aziraphale didn't answer; he just rolled to the farthest side of her. His old bedroom had a king bed, so it wasn't cramped for the two to share.

The morning came, and Aziraphale awoke to Muriel tapping his shoulder wildly. "Crowley will be here in an hour." With that, the angel jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. Muriel followed. "Would you like breakfast?" She asked, putting her face close to the door. The sound of the shower was the only response.

An hour later, Aziraphale was in his bedroom, his hair fully styled and blowdried. He'd even brushed his teeth a few, if not too many, times. The front door bell clanged, and Aziraphale jumped at the sound. Was Crowley here? Would he be angry if Aziraphale came down? So many questions ate away at the angel, only fueling his ball of nerves.

The man's voice was booming: "Morning, Muriel. You're looking beautiful as always." Aziraphale held his breath and looked around for Kelly. She was gone. With a few breaths, Aziraphale began towards the stairs. The pair came into view, and Aziraphales heart was beating so fast. Crowley laughed at something Muriel had said and then looked Aziraphales way. He looked stoic and said nothing. Aziraphale took this as time to admire the demon he'd been missing for so long. Crowley was dressed way more casually than the last time they spoke. He wore a black t-shirt far too large for his slender frame, and god was he thin. Even thinner than old times. He sat splayed on the couch, and his pants sat low on his waist, baggy red twill cargos that matched his hair. "Oh, you've got to be fucking with me." Crowley stood and looked back at Muriel. "Why are you here, Aziraphale? I was coming to see you eventually. Why here? Now?" The Archangel ran a nervous hand through his hair and shrugged in defeat, "I mi- '' before the angel could finish Crowley had gotten dangerously close, aggressively pushing him into a nearby bookshelf. "Oh, shut it." Crowley pulled at Aziraphale's collar and inched closer. "I know damn. Well. You are only here because you didn't want me ruining your big position in heaven." Aziraphale's eyes traveled to Crowley's lips, and he made a sound as a shelf began to slightly dig into his back. Crowley faltered at the noise and let go, angrily making his way towards the door while Muriel awkwardly left the room. "Crowley, get back here, you fucking idiot!" Yelled Aziraphale. Crowley's back stiffened, and he laughed sarcastically.

"You have no right calling me a mmgh~" While Crowley was turning back around, Aziraphale silenced him with a kiss. Surprised and angry but also yearning, Crowley kissed back as long as the angel would allow, which wasn't much, and the kiss was cut short. Both breathless, they just looked at each other in shock. Crowley put his hands on the back of his head and panted, starting to pace. "Don't do this to me again, Angel." His voice was laced with pain, and he began shaking his head in disbelief, his jaw slack, his brows drawn, and his eyes sad. "I, me, not you. I was supposed to get closer and win!" He yelled in annoyance, growling every time he glanced Aziraphale's way. "Win?" The angel asked equally as furiously. Crowley threw his hands up in mockery of a prayer.

"At this point, maybe I should pray to get you the fuck 'out of my sight. 'Outta this God-forsaken bookshop!! OUT OF MY LIFE AND MY HEAD!!"

Tears rolled down Aziraphale's cheeks, and Kelly walked into the scene. Crowley rolled his eyes and sassily put a hand on his hip. "Is this your prissy girlfriend?" The girl looked Crowley up and down as Azirphale wiped his tears. "I'm his friend; you wouldn't know what that is, though." Crowley smiled fakely. "Charmed." Aziraphales eyes were pleading, and Crowley's eyes were seething. "Please give me another chance; I'll leave heaven." Kelly looked at Aziraphale, now angry as well. "Haste decision for someone who didn't even want to come here!" Stressed and overstimulated, Muriel walked back into the crossfire, covering her ears and screaming with all her might. Everyone stopped, and Crowley immediately appeared by her side, making sure she was alright, but she pulled away with a stern face. "Crowley. Go upstairs and cool down." Crowley grimaced but listened anyway. Kelly and Aziraphale were both about to speak when Muril stopped them in their tracks and said, "Both of you are in opposite rooms." She pointed each way, but Aziraphale headed upstairs anyway. Giving up completely, Muriel just sat on the floor. Kelly sat with her. "I'm sorry, Mrs." She whispered.