Alexia Putellas - jealousy jealousy

Words: 2344

Pairing: Alexia Putellas x reader

plot summary: Alexia being jealous without reason and not talking to her girlfriend/reader and then the reader has an accident on the way to their game and needs surgery

Note: Instead of going to a game they are on their way to practice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexia Putellas, two time ballon d'or winner, on top of her game, just gotten back from her ACL injury and immediately welcomed back with open arms and immediately set an amazing performance at the World Cup in Australia.

Meanwhile, you were playing for England and were inconsolable after you lost the final to Spain where Alexia scored the winning and third goal of the final, after Olga Carmona scored the first goal, you gave it your all and even managed to score the tie. When the score was still 1 to 1 after the 90 minutes, you went into extra time and just a minute before reaching the penalty shoot-out, Alexia's left foot, the magical boot of your fiancee, hit the ball at just the right spot and the ball went in the top corner, straight past Mary Earps and Spain's cheers drowned every single grind of happiness out of you, watching helplessly as the Spain footballers surrounded Alexia, huge smiles on their faces, most of them your teammates from Barcelona, all you could do was watch as they celebrated as it was obvious that Spain now had won the World Cup. Somewhere you were happy for Alexia but at that moment in time, you were absolutely gutted.

When the final whistle sounded the second that you played the ball back in the game, all of you dropped to the ground, the loss already weighing in as the Spanish national team celebrated their win and the immense happiness that came with it. 

After your had dropped to your knees, your face was soon just pushed into the grass as you just couldn't face anyone. You felt multiple hands and soft words from multiple people but you just couldn't care until you felt a familiar hand gently squeeze your shaking shoulder from the crying, her voice soon entering your ears as she told you that it would be okay. You flipped over on your back and looked into her hazel eyes and despite the crushed feeling in your heart, despite the endless tears that were streaming down your face, despite the sobs that went through your body, you still managed to show your fiancee the smallest of smiles as you looked at her, your voice broken and shaking but still audible. "Hey you, congratulations."

Alexia chuckled, her eyes glistening from the tears that she had been crying from happiness, her hand outstoken as she offered you help to stand up. You gently shook your head, refusing to accept her hand. "You should go celebrate with your team, come on, go."

"What about you?"

You smiled slightly at her concern. "Go celebrate, World Champion." Alexia waited a couple of seconds, checking if you were sure about it and after notoriously nodding your head, the Spanish captain left you to go and celebrate with her team. You took this moment to look around you to see what was going on with your team, now seeing that almost everyone was already gathered together and only then did you notice that Lucy had sat down besides you. You lifted your upper body to match her sitting position, the both of you absolutely gutted at the loss that you just suffered. No words needed to be spoken as you already knew that that wouldn't help at all.

Wordlessly, the both of you nodded at each other and then stood up, gathering with the rest of your teammates, all of you standing in a huge group hug as Sarina tried her best to lighten the mood just a little bit by saying kind words about all of you and how you had fought every single second for this World Cup.