Leah Williamson - Injured

Words: 2379

Pairing: Leah Williamson x reader

plot summary: Leah Williamson and reader where the reader gets injured and has to go to hospital and Leah is worried

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Leah both played Arsenal and it was high risk high take in the WSL as Arsenal and Chelsea were both in the race for the win of the league, the whole season, everything coming down to the very last game between Arsenal and Chelsea, both teams having the same amount of points. When the final game got closer and closer, you and Leah started to become more and more anxious and nervous for the game, knowing that if either of you would make a mistake, it could become lethal for the game. As the game drew closer, the silence in your house also grew, the both of you only focused on the next game.

As you were laying in bed together, Leah had immersed herself in her sudokus while you were watching her solve them, nestled in her arms in a way that you weren't obscuring her view but still listening to your heartbeat, quietly watching on.

When she solved her next sudoku, she put her phone on the charger and stroked your hair. "How are you feeling about tomorrow?"

You shrugged at her question. "Nervous. I also have have this feeling like something will go wrong tomorrow. What about you?"

She hummed at your response and nodded her head. She never disregarded your feelings and that was something that you liked about her as she thought of her own answer. "I haven't felt this anxious about a match in a long time. What if I make a mistake? Maybe.. if you still feel this way in the morning, see if you even feel comfortable playing the match?"

"Hey, if you make a mistake, I will still be there behind you to clean your mess up. Also, I'm pretty sure that you will be fine babe. You've had an amazing season. I know, we will see." If you couldn't play, Manuela would be in goal and with just stating facts, everyone had gotten more relaxed in the back ever since you became the first keeper.

It just wasn't an option for you to step out like that.

Leah smiled in the dark and planted a soft kiss to the top of your head. "That's right. As long as we have each other, everything will be fine."

You smiled, lifted your head off of her chest and looked at her, your hand finding her cheek, your thumb gently stroking her cheekbone and then you leaned in, your lips connecting with hers. Leah was right. As long as you had each other, everything would be fine.

Right?

Leah had quite some troubles with falling asleep and so did you if you had to be honest and thus, when your alarm sounded, you didn't even need to pry your eyes open as you already had been awake for at least half an hour. Leah now also slowly opened her blue eyes, a groan leaving her lips as she thought that it was way too soon. You smiled at her and kissed her nose and then left the bed. "I will make us some tea and breakfast. Take your time here, okay?"

Leah groaned and you chuckled at that, leaving the bedroom to go downstairs and to the kitchen to make some tea, a ham sandwich for Leah and eggs on bread for yourself with some music on, it was your normal game-day preparations. When Leah came down, all ready for the game and her bag packed, she set her bag on the counter and gracefully grabbed her cup of tea. "Thank you, beautiful."

You lost concentration on your eggs for just a second to smile at your girlfriend as she came over to you to give you a peck on the lips. When she walked away, you grabbed your own cup of tea from your favorite mug, chosen that one to give you a little bit of luck for the day but soon wishing you hadn't.

As you put the cup back on the counter, you realized that your eggs had started to burn and in the moment of panic, you dropped your cup when you turned the stove off.