seventeen

Since Weston and I desired a small wedding it was not very hard to plan. Most everyone has already left for the country and I am happy to be able to limit my number of invitations.

My family is here, so is Weston's brother and his mother. I was rather nervous to meet both of them. I had hoped to meet them separately and before the wedding but it did not happen that way. Lady Reeves did not arrive until late yesterday and I only met her at the church this morning. She is wonderful. She made it seem as if I have known her forever. I almost broke down when she told us that her wedding gift would be her family home just outside Paris. She insisted she does not stay there anymore, favoring the city over the country and Weston's brother has the family home in England.

Weston's brother, Graham, would not make time to meet with us before the wedding. Thorough from meeting him this morning and everything West has told me I was not surprised by his behaviour.

I am glad that the reception was a simple luncheon. It seemed to go on for hours however. It was nice to have my family all in one spot. Finally Weston and I took our leave.

West and I will not leave for our honeymoon until tomorrow. He is taking me to Paris. I have been looking forward to it for a month. West has always spoken fondly about Paris and I wish to see the city from his eyes.

For tonight we will spend the night at our new home. It is smaller than the home I grew up in I can tell from the outside. But I am excited. It is to be my home with West. Ours and ours alone. West smiles at me as he opens the front door.

Before I can step through the front door I feel arms around my waist. Weston lifts me up into his arms. I laugh as I hold onto his neck. He places me down in the foyer before kissing me.

"There is no staff yet," Weston informs me. "I thought we could wait until after the honeymoon since we shall only be here one night."

I nod my head.

"I can have something brought from the tavern down the street if you should desire some supper," Weston tells me.

I am too nervous to eat anything. I am in my home with my husband.

I shake my head. Weston laughs.

"Do not go quiet on me now, Juliette," Weston remarks.

"I am getting used to this," I tell him.

"To being my wife," Weston states.

"Among other things," I assure.

Weston pulls me towards him. "What other things, love?"

"Us," I confess. "Being alone."

"You have nothing to worry about," West assures me. "I am yours, Juliette. I have always been yours."

I pull Weston towards me by the front of his jacket. His mouth finds mine in an instant. His hands pulls my hips flush with his.

I pull away after a moment resting my forehead on West's. "I love you, Weston."

"I love you too, Juliette," West tells me.

"Now I think I have waited long enough," I tell him.

Weston laughs. "You do not even know what you are waiting for."

I step back from him. "That is why you, my dear husband, are here to show me."

West pulls me back towards him and into a kiss. West places his hands on my hips as he starts to kiss down my neck to my collarbone to my breast.

"Please do not stop," I tell him.

I feel West tug on my dress and it pools at my feet. I do not feel as unsure as I thought I would. I trust West.

"My corset," I state.

West laughs. "We are not doing this in a foyer."

"What are you..." I start.

West picks me up in his arms. "I can assure you, my love, the bedroom is the proper place to start."