Betrayal

Fatima's POV
Jalil has been often absent for the past two years.He was always dissapering on his numerous business trips.

He seemed happier in the past nine months, and it's very suspicious.Jalil and I have been married for six years, am now 27, and am childless.

Jalil's family were relentless at the fact that I hadn't conceived yet, and jalil he never defends me.Which deep down,I know he feels the same as his parents.

Because of this,I have gone to numerous medical personnels but nothing worked.Jalil became distant.The doctors said there was nothing wrong with me, so I didn't get why I was being blamed.

Today,the house was completely empty,I wonder where everyone went.Soon jalil came back home with his family.They all looked so happy.

Jalil:umm Fatima we need to talk .
Fatima: okay (we went to our room) what's going on?
Jalil:umm,I have a second wife (my heart shattered)

Fatima:you are joking right?
Jalil:no,you have failed as a woman to give birth.
(I got up angrily)
Fatima: there is nothing wrong with my womb and you know it!
Jalil:but,you were taking so long,I needed an heir.

Fatima:so you choose to cheat on me!
Jalil: it's not cheating,am married to you both.
Fatima:you did it behind my back!
Jalil:it doesn't matter,I have every right to marry multiple women if I want to.You only have to be patient.

Fatima: patient? while you and your family has been lying to my face?I loved you.
Jalil: love is not enough,I needed an heir.She is currently pregnant and about to conceive

(I broke down in tears,the pain was getting worser and worser)
Jalil:I now have an heir, so we can still try for as long as you want.
Fatima:why didn't you tell me the moment you married her.

Jalil: because I knew you would act like this.
Fatima: you had no right!I don't want this.
Jalil:well you have no right but to accept it, because I don't need your permission.

Fatima: I want a divorce.
Jalil: I won't give you one, and am sure,no imam will allow it, because polygamy is a weak excuse for a divorce, and think about it,who would marry a divorced woman who isn't woman enough to conceive.

(That hit hard.I sat on the bed and cried)
Jalil: I know how hard this is for you.(I got up and stared fearlessly in his eyes)
Fatima:you know nothing about how I feel or the pain you have caused.Get out.

Jalil: this is my room.
Fatima:suit yourself.(I walked out and went to the guest room.I laid on the bed and cried)

I can't believe he had another wife all these years,no wonder he was distant.He may have the right to have a second wife, but he still cheated on me behind my back, because I never signed up for a polygamous marraige.

All I wanted was to be solely loved by a man, who only wanted one woman, but I guess I wasn't woman enough