9: One more day

9: One more day

February 10, 2007

"The storm clouds loom over Central City, heavy rains are expected in the following days-"

"The multi-millionaire Lionel Luthor has died unexpectedly, authorities have not yet specified the cause of death but his death has left Luthor Corp in great uncertainty. His children, Alexander Luthor and the young Lena Luthor, have begun to assume the company's leadership, and analysts believe this could be the beginning of a power struggle between the two heirs. Nevertheless, shareholders show strong support for Alexander Luthor-"

"Oscorp has started new contracts with the United States Army-"

"The famous asylum for criminals in Gotham City will be demolished-"

"The Air Force pilot, Hal Jordan, is missing. During last week's test exercises-"

"Pym Technologies in crisis, the young and new CEO, Darren Cross, promises-"

The news reports sounded along with the music, which flooded the workshop with its rhythmic sounds, creating a chaos of sounds that would be difficult for a normal person to listen to. Working at his desk, Daniel moved his head to the rhythm of the musical notes while his hands carefully manipulated a piece of technology as if this cacophony of sounds didn't bother him at all.

He had been studying a lot these days. At first, the topics were focused on aspects that would help him build and improve his printer.

Now he had expanded a bit.

Learning was fun when you were good at it and your progress was visible at first sight.

He had even started to learn some extra languages, although he still needed to speak with native speakers to be able to speak them correctly.

What he could find in nearby libraries would soon become useless.

And although the internet was vast, it still didn't contain as much information as it would several years later.

"Maybe I should take a second trip around the world? A study trip?"

There were many places with valuable information from which he could learn a lot.

Perhaps he would need to visit them at some point.

He stood up and stretched his body. He wasn't tired, but some habits tend to stick. He looked at the clock on the desk and smiled.

"it's hero time!"

He always wanted to say that.

.

.

.

The sound of sirens flooded the streets of New York, causing panic among the people. A high-speed pursuit was taking place.

Patrol cars accelerated, chasing a white car. The sound of gunfire was clear in the air, causing nearby people to run for cover. Some even considered pulling out their own weapons, but that impulse faded when they heard the police sirens.

Projectiles were fired from the fleeing car. Inside, four men with dark masks and weapons looked around in panic. More and more patrol cars joined the pursuit, and they could even hear the sound of helicopter blades in the sky.

"Shit!" cursed the driver, pressing the accelerator even harder.

The other three aimed their weapons at their pursuers and continued firing.

In the skies, a police helicopter assisted in the pursuit, and not far from it, a news helicopter followed.

The scene of the pursuit was being broadcast live on the news.