15: Discoveries

15: Discoveries

Smallville was in chaos, pinpointing a particular reason would be difficult as many important events had occurred in a short amount of time.

The murder of students in front of the high school was a localized chaos, not many people beyond those present and the officers who began to head there had an idea of what had happened.

Then, a horrible sound, like the screeching of a million insects, swept through, causing that all the crystals in kilometers around to suddenly shatter. That was a general chaos, one that affected Smallville and a bit beyond.

Next came the tremors, like continuous earthquakes that began to shake the town for two or three minutes culminating in a roar that made everything before it pale in comparison, a real earthquake that only lasted a few seconds but brought the small rural town into even greater chaos than before.

The inhabitants of Smallville were scared, confused, but above all doubtful, what the hell had happened?

On the grounds of Smallville School, Carol arrived running, her destroyed clothes had been changed, and an identical trench coat to the one she had been wearing all day replaced the previous one.

Carol took a breath before entering the school through a window, which was easy since they all had broken glass.

She easily sneaked into the room where she had left Chloe, using her super hearing to check the situation inside before entering.

Chloe was still unconscious, she seemed, the girl hadn't woken up despite all the chaos that had occurred, and Carol had to wonder if she had hit her too hard.

The steady beats of her heart and her calm breathing didn't seem to indicate anything wrong so she could only attribute it to Chloe having a heavy sleep or something similar.

Carol approached her, adjusted her better, and sat next to her, that was all she needed to do.

Change, return to school, and wait with Chloe, her alibi was that Chloe had fainted upon witnessing what happened in front of the school and Carol had carried her to hide together in an empty classroom inside.

Now she just had to wait for the police to arrive and give her statement.

There were no cameras in the school and before entering the room with Chloe, Carol had made a quick trip to where Whitney's body was, she had touched him for a few moments, so she had to make sure she hadn't left any fingerprints.

Her superhuman sight made it easy for her to detect such things, she only needed a second to check before she was sure it was okay.

Now she just had to wait, she wanted to do more, help more, but Daniel had told her he would take care of it, that he would clean up this mess, that she only needed to do her part and avoid suspicion.

She felt a bit useless but didn't argue with him, Daniel knew better, he would know what to do she trusted him so she just had to do what he said and everything would be fine.

.

.

.

Daniel didn't know what the hell to do. Of course, he first made sure to do what he did know how to do.

He arrived at the battlefield and without hesitation began to freeze everything. Bloodstains? Freeze. Insectoid body parts? Freeze. Anything, no matter how insignificant, received the treatment of being frozen at super speed.

The battlefield was extensive, and there was a lot of biological material left behind, mainly from the insect monster.

Daniel took a minute, thirty seconds to find everything he could by going at super speed, combing the area with teeth so fine he surprised himself.