ϟ 3 ϟ

LEO'S JAM

ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟑/𝟏𝟐/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

IT was a regular Tuesday morning with Ellie situated between Leo and Adam leaning on the lockers. Chase stood to the right of Adam in the corner talking to him about something that Ellie hadn't bothered to keep up with.

"Guys, with the dance coming up, I thought you could use a lesson on how to ask a lady out," Leo suggested to the two.

"Who did you find to teach them?" Ellie asked as the tied her long blonde hair into a low bun, Adam clapping her on the shoulder in approval of her joke.

"Hey I was gonna ask that!" he grinned.

"Me," Leo deadpanned.

"You're gonna watch me ask out the girl of my dreams: Danielle," Leo fantasized.

"Danielle? Isn't she the girl who uses you as a footstool in math class?" Chase asked as Adam kept grinning.

"Where else is she supposed to put her feet, on the floor?" Leo replied incredulously.

"Um, yes. Like every other pretty girl in the world. Look, Leo, I have to tell you as your best friend. I think she's too shallow for you. This is our first Homecoming! You should go with someone who doesn't treat you like you belong under their bathroom sink," Ellie said.

"Well, who are you going with?" Leo asked.

"As far as my dad knows, you and I are studying because I told him I had to comfort you because every girl you asked turned you down," she told him.

"Wha-"

"He didn't find it hard to believe at ALL," she added. "But Carter Rain asked me last Thursday and I didn't have a date yet, so I agreed."

"The same Carter Rain who dated you for three weeks last year and then dumped you for Dina Cross?" Leo asked.

"Ha ha, very funny. You know it ended on mutual terms. Besides, they just broke up and we're going as friends."

"If you wanted to go with a friend, why didn't you ask me," Leo questioned, offended.

"Because if I asked you, you wouldn't have this opportunity to really show these guys the ropes," Ellie joked.

"Alright, open your notebooks, boys, 'cause class is in session," Leo told his brothers as he walked over to Danielle. Ellie couldn't help but follow to see how it went.

"Hello, Danielle," Leo spoke as he propped his foot up on the bench that the girl was sitting on. "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?"

She shook her head silently.

"Enough to break the ice," Leo said before hopping over the bench. "I'm Leo Dooley."

"Didn't you send me eighty-seven emails?" she asked.

"Yeah, that was a slow day," Leo admitted.

Ellie covered her chuckles with her English notebook as she watched the scene unfold.

"Okay, well, see you later, Lenny," Danielle bid goodbye as she picked up her book bag and walked away.

Ellie closed her eyes as her body began to shake with the laughter she was trying to contain.

"It's Leo, by the way," he called after her retreating figure.

"So, Leo, what should I write down in my notebook -- I mean other than 'denied'," Chase asked.

"No, no, no, you can cheat off of me. I have 'she's not going to the dance with Lenny'," Adam told him.

That was the final straw for Ellie as she hunched over, hands on her knees, "Oh my God, I'm crying."