ϟ 17 ϟ

SINGLE SATELLITES

ϟ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟏𝟒/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

"OH, I love history class! Someone is always leaving me a piece of gum stuck under my desk!" Adam expressed as he walked down the stairs with the group.

"Adam, please tell me you didn't," Chase pleaded as his brother blew a bubble.

Ellie gagged as Bree grimaced, saying, "He did. He totally did."

"Adam, spit that out," Ellie told him.

"Mm-mm," he declined, chewing the gum defiantly. Ellie's stomach suddenly began to tense. She knew the reason why before she even turned around.

"Oh, guys. Don't look now, but here comes that guy none of us like. Marcus," Leo told them, turning his head the other direction

"M-Dog!" Adam, Bree, and Chase greeted, causing Ellie and Leo to look in surprise as they all went to hug him.

"Wait, hold the phone. Hold the phone. Hold the freaky-leaky phone," Leo protested, putting himself between them and shoving his siblings away.

"M-Dog?" Ellie asked, following Leo with the same perturbed expression on her face

"Yeah. Bros call each other by nicknames!" Chase informed the two.

"Well, I'm your actual bro and you don't call me by a nickname," Leo retorted.

"Actually, we do. We just choose not to do it in your presence. . . Mr Tiny McLittlestein," Adam said, rubbing the top of Leo's head.

Ellie rolled her eyes, smacking Adam's hand off of Leo.

"Hey, Marcus. What are you up to this weekend?" Chase asked, changing the subject and walking around Leo and Ellie.

"Ugh, my dad's out of town, so I'll be stuck home alone with my grandma," Marcus complained.

Ellie looked at Marcus skeptically, while her best friend took the more obvious approach.

"AHA! You said your grandma was dead."

"The other grandma, but. . . thanks for reminding me," Marcus' lip quivered as he spoke, drawing back into himself.

Adam, Bree, and Chase all expressed their disappointment in Leo.

"I wish I could stay with you guys for the weekend," Marcus expressed.

"And I wish you weren't a spastic sociopath with abandonment issues," Leo said rudely, approaching Marcus.

"Leo, give it a rest," Chase scolded, moving him out of the way.

"Chase, none of us are safe until the FBI responds to a background check on this 'M-Dog'," Leo replied.

"Look, Marcus. I'm sure you can stay with us. I'll just check with Mr. Davenport," Chase assured him.

"You call your dad 'Mr. Davenport'?" Marcus asked suspiciously.

"Uh. . . no, pshh, no! But you do, and I wanted to make sure you knew who I was talking about," Chase chuckled.

"Okay, cool. Thanks, guys," Marcus bid goodbye as the bell rang.

"Oh, I have to go. Gemma said she needs my physics homework," Ellie said, realizing how late she was going to be.

"What does she need your physics homework for?" Bree asked.

"Ummm. . . definitely not to copy it," Ellie lied, looking up at Chase worriedly. He had berated her last time he found out she gave her homework to Gemma.