Chapter 14

Recap:

Seokjin handed over the sleeping pills, stating, "You can only have these; I'll keep the sedatives with me." Y/N thanked him, and Hoseok remarked, "Well, your room's a mess, Y/N. It won't be suitable for sleeping, and the maids aren't in the mansion right now." Yoongi suggested, "Y/N, you can sleep with me." She nodded, and they went to his room, while the others dispersed to their respective rooms.

.....................................................................

Y/N POV:

I was now sitting on yoongi oppa bed while he was taking a shower. He then came out, rubbing his wet hair with a towel.

He looked at me and asked, "Princess, do you want to take a shower?" I replied, "No, I already took one." He nodded and then proceeded to dry his hair with a hairdryer.

After drying his hair, he sat beside me on the bed. He then looked at me and softly said, "Princess, you can share anything with me if you want to."

I was just staring at him. I wanted to reply, but I couldn't. I couldn't utter a single word. He then chuckled and said, "You know, when I was in high school, I had a friend. Namjoon was with me as well. I was his senior, though. Anyways, we had one common friend. His name was Hyunbin."

I continued to look at him, sensing that this story was going to be a sad one, as his eyes were on the verge of tears, and I could feel a thousands of emotions forming in his eyes.

He continued, "He was a good friend. He even used to come here and stay overnight. The three of us were very close, knowing each other inside out. He was the coolest among us and excelled in studies."

Yoongi chuckled, "One time, we had a physics test, and he managed to score full marks even though we had played games all night. I was genuinely amazed." I asked, "And what about you? What did you score?" He nervously chuckled, "I barely passed with grace marks." I laughed a little and then asked, "Where is he now?"

Tears welled up in his eyes, and he struggled to hold back his emotions. Choking on his words, he began, "He—" Tears streamed down his cheeks, and he couldn't continue.

I was unsure of what to do, so I gently rubbed his back, attempting to provide some comfort. After a moment, he calmed down a bit and continued, "He took his own life just a day before graduation."

He broke down again, and I was in shock. Not knowing how to respond, I hugged him, letting him release his emotions through tears.

He withdrew from the hug, revealing the pain etched across his face. "We spent so much time together, yet we never realized he was going through depression. Neither Namjoon nor I knew," he confessed.

Placing his hands on my arms, he locked eyes with me and pleaded, "Y/N, I don't want to regret this again. I couldn't save him, but I can't afford to lose you too. Please, talk to me if something is troubling you, but promise me you'll never consider suicide."

He hugged me tightly, tears streaming down his face. My own eyes welled up, and I remained silent, unsure of what to say.

I struggled to find the words. Each day, I felt myself slipping away, and the exhaustion from everything made me contemplate another attempt.

However, after hearing his painful revelation, I couldn't bring myself to lie and say I wouldn't consider it. The guilt gnawed at me. As he pulled away from the hug, I met his gaze with teary eyes. His care for me was evident, but I couldn't shake the feeling of unworthiness.

I attempted to speak, "Oppa, I—" but my own words betrayed me, leaving me speechless with a lump in my throat. Yoongi reassured me, saying, "It's okay. Go and wash your face. You look like a kid crying for candy."

A small chuckle escaped me, and he smiled slightly before I headed to the washroom to compose myself.

After washing my face, I came out to find Yoongi oppa lying on the bed. I laid on the other side, and he turned off the lights. He softly said, "Goodnight, princess," and I replied, "Goodnight."

As minutes passed, he drifted off to sleep, while I remained blankly staring at the ceiling. Despite having my sleeping pills within reach, I hesitated to take them. The words Yoongi oppa shared with me had stirred up a storm of thoughts in my mind.

After staying awake all night, I watched as the sun began to rise, signaling the start of a new day. Quietly leaving Yoongi oppa sleeping, I returned to my room, only to find it still in disarray.

Regretting the outburst from the previous night, I sighed and put on my crocs, determined to clean up the mess I had made. Once the room was tidied, I devoted three hours to studying. With school approaching, I got ready, donned my uniform, grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs.

As everyone gathered for breakfast, I greeted them with a quietly, "Morning" and took my place at the dining table. After the exchange of morning pleasantries, Seokjin inquired, "Did you sleep well?" Untruthfully, I replied, "Yeah."
I then remained silent while they ate their breakfast.

Taehyung then said, "We should be get going now." Following his lead, I asked, "Aren't Jimin and Jungkook oppa coming?" To which he responded, "Oh no, they don't have classes today."

Accepting this, I nodded. When I was about to sit at backseat of the car, Taehyung offered, "Hey, you can sit in the front." I agreed with a nod, taking the front seat beside him. As he drove, I pulled out my notes and began revising for the exams starting today.

Taehyung glanced at me and asked, "Do you have a test or something?" I replied, "Midterm exams, that's all." Concerned, he suggested, "Are you prepared enough? I mean, it's only been a month since you came here. I can ask the principal to --" I cut him off, asserting, "No need, I'm already prepared."

He noticed my notes and complimented, "Your notes are so pretty and well-organized." I smiled a little and thanked him.

As we reached my school, Taehyung hugged me tightly, breaking the hug with a wide smile. "Best of luck for the exam. You got this!" he encouraged. I nervously smiled and replied, "Thanks oppa."

He assured me he would pick me up later and waved as I left the car. I wished him a great day, and he reciprocated. I headed into school while he drove off to his university.

I reached my class and sat at my desk. When the teacher arrived, the exam started, and it turned out to be quite easy. Taehyung oppa was unnecessarily worried.

Within half an hour, I completed the exam, submitted my paper, and left the room. Deciding to head to the library, I found an empty table, placed my head on it, and closed my eyes, feeling sleepy from not having slept all night.